Catfish baits

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by crab, May 31, 2007.

1. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Im new so I dont know much,What do you all use. I want to go for the bigger fish!!!!!!:wink:

2. trey5569

trey5569 New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    just about anything that swims cant go wrong with gills chubs shad and skips

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    cool thanks for the help.

4. mwallace61

mwallace61 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Alabama
    Hola Crab...

I use mostly livers and I'll also sometimes buy the packs of gizzards which include chicken hearts. Working on learning how to catch shad so I can start using live and cut bait too. Also have some hot dogs in the fridge right now marinating in garlic, vanilla extract and salt after reading a couple posts in BOC... :)

Mike

5. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    bigger fish (15lb and over) i use live or cut shad and blugill, eaters (10lb and under) i use a lot of sonnie's dip bait or nightcrawlers in flood waters. nightcrawlers in floodwater works best if their local crawlers, don't ask me why but the fish around here like homegrown worms better.

6. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Not ready to post

7. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Bigger baits usually catch bigger fish. Something that is alive usually out performs dead or prepared baits. Learn the live bait for your area. In our lakes down here it is shad. Fresh dead shad works good. We can buy them frozen but they do not work as well.
    Once your figure out the type of bait learn to catch it. Could be as simple as a cast net or some type of trap or lure depending on the regs in your area. Learn those as well and good luck.

8. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Thanks for all the help guys!