Catfish Bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Ellis, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Well im making balls of smashed cornflakes with water and mac and cheese packets. Anyone ever used them before? and also is shrimp good for bait? Im fishing for cats at a lake on the banks. Thanks.

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ellis, cant say I ever heard of that recipe but it sounds like it would be good for carp more so then cats, of course your using that to catch the carp, then cut him up for bait, right???:big_smile:

Salmonid

3. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    lol nope. But that is a good idea

4. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Dont Know About The Cornflake Thing...maybe...but Shrimp Kicks Ass...i Caught All Types This Year On Shrimp: Bulls.whites,7lb Flat,10lb Blue,6lb Blue,channels,eels, U Name It!

5. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    I have used it for carp but it might work for cats? I also have added anise oil and the big carp really go for it

6. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Well, im going to add garlic for the cats

7. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    Garlic is excellent although I have used anise with good results. Have you ever tired garlic on the cheapest hot dogs with the most fat you can find? Cut them into 1" pieces cover with garlic and keep is disposable Glad container. After the sun has "cooked" them for an afternoon the galic hot dogs are good bait if you cannot find skip jacks

8. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    ive tried using hot dogs but i cant get em to stay on the hooks, but if you can it sounds like it would work really well

9. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I myself hav used hot-dogs with anesi and also vanilla. Hek, what haven't we tried and for cats, well most of them work some time or another.

10. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Come on guys, everyone knows that fresh cut-bait or live bait is best....bar-none.

11. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    yeah sounds like it'd be good for carp. shrimp almost always catches for me bro.

12. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    For catching numbers of fish nothing holds a candle to dip baits. Personally I use Cattracker Baits such as Wicked Sticky and Jo Jo's Pole Snatcher. They prove theirselves day in and out against everything I've ever thrown in the water and came out on top. Even live or cut bait. This is for Channel and Bluecat. God bless.

13. okshores17D

okshores17D New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I have seen catfish eat things i wouldn't expect them to eat But what your doing reminds me of a carp bait i use to make. But corn meal in place of flake and cods liver oil. but let me know what happens and yeah shrimp works no need to go expensive frozen shrimp ussually smells about right.

14. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ok little Brother here you go,Take them cornflakes and put em in a bowl with some milk and eat em then go to the lake and get some live bait shad or gills and that My little brother will help you get some CATFISH...And this one is for free..:big_smile:

15. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    ive never used that before ellis but hope you catch something big:0a18:

16. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I cant say that recipe, would work for cats. But it sounds like a good carp bait.

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck with the new bait. Garlic, Anise, and Vanilla are all great catfish attractants.

Shrimp, Fresh Cut Bait, Chicken Liver, Chubs, Goldfish, all great catfish bait.

Good luck on the water brother.

18. Katfever

Katfever New Member

State:
    nc
    what about chicken gizzards?