Catfish bait i made up

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by catfisherman_eky3, May 24, 2007.

1. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey guys for the last couple of years, I have been fishing for catfish, never caught anything real big, but ive noticed all the bait I use hardly ever catch any cats. So I made up something and found out it worked great for the catfish, I usually buy a pack of boneless Chicken breast put it in a jar, and pour all kinds of garlic powder and put some water in it, I usually freeze it over night and the next day let it soak in the sun, since I have been doing this I have caught alot more fish. Has anyone else ever used this and had any luck. If not try it cant go wrong.

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I'VE USED THE CHICKEN BREAST FRESH FROM THE STORE FOR CHANNEL CATS,WORKS REALLY WELL

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Man, you guys are feeding these cats gourmet meals! For the price of chicken breast around here, I think I'll stick with chicken livers and scrapple! :confused2:

4. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Gonna have to try that, now I have used fresh shrimp flavored with garlic salt and vanilla extract and it was the only thing that worked for me that night.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yea I made me up some of it, and taking it with me tommorow to Kentucky Lake, ill probably have some pics of some cats I catch when i do ill post them.

6. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    I'd rather eat the chicken breast than fish w/ it. lol!!!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt that is a neat idea. But I have got to agree with Josh. Just eat the chicken breast.:lol:

8. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    It would be worth trying, but I would use peices of other meat other than the breasts. My wife would KILL ME if I used our chicken breasts for bait!!!! LOL I think Dark meat would have moer attractant(SP?) ??:roll_eyes:

9. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    ive caught cats on the skin before, but i think i'll keep the breasts for my food ... lol

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Think I'll keep the breasts for my self and use the Chicken Thighs.Since none ofus can stand the thighs anyway why not give it a try.Least it won't go to waste that why right.

11. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    use chicken hearts and gizzardds mixed with about half bottoe of garoic powder those fish will want tkogo home withyou are pose for apicture.