Catfish are they #1 of what you fish for?

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Ulizth, Feb 16, 2006.

How much do you catfish vs other species

  1. 100% catfish

  2. 90% catfish

  3. 80% catfish

  4. 70% catfish

  5. 60% catfish

  6. 50% catfish

  7. 40% catfish

  8. 30% catfish

  9. 20% catfish

  10. 10% catfish

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ulizth

    Ulizth New Member

    Messages:
    262
    State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Here at the BOC, we all know that catfish are the greatest, but how many of you REALLY fish for old wiskers 100% of the time. Come on now no lying . . . tell the truth. I personally am at about 50% catfishing 50% all other species.
     
  2. DeerHunter01

    DeerHunter01 New Member

    Messages:
    2,113
    State:
    Kentucky
    I fish 100% Catfish, for the past four years and nothing else. Well I have fished for bluegills and skipjacks but that was for bait for the Catfish. I swear on JW's new Pink Hat too !!
     

  3. Ulizth

    Ulizth New Member

    Messages:
    262
    State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Sorry, there was not room to put 0% catfish, but I'm sure no one does that!


    :0a23:
     
  4. dwreel

    dwreel New Member

    Messages:
    554
    State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I'm going 100% this year. As a Bxxx fishing guy, I suck. Need to stock my freezer anyway. Gotta cut grocery bill so I can afford to get gas.

    One of my nephews told me the other day he was saving his money so he could afford gas when he gets his car. :D
     
  5. Dreadnaught

    Dreadnaught New Member

    Messages:
    5,444
    State:
    Henderson,Ky
    If skipjack count as other speices I am guilty of that, LOL!!! I only fish for other types of fish for bait!! I did go fishing for stripers once last year when I was invited by a friend though!!!
     
  6. flathunter

    flathunter New Member

    Messages:
    5,723
    State:
    Ohio
    Catfish 90 percent of the time, carp 10 percent.
     
  7. dinkbuster1

    dinkbuster1 New Member

    Messages:
    2,272
    State:
    Ohio
    id say 80-85% cats. the rest are bluegill (not for bait), saugeye, and smallies.
     
  8. Rainman4u2

    Rainman4u2 Guest

    70% cats, the other 30% is Walleye, northern, crappie, and gills.

    Ray
     
  9. Ulizth

    Ulizth New Member

    Messages:
    262
    State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Dreadnaught, I believe that bait catching to further the pursuit of catfish still counts as catfishing unless the bait is pink Hmmmm. . .
     
  10. loanwizard

    loanwizard Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,297
    State:
    Coshocton,
    90% Cats, 10% bait and the fishing I do in Salt water over Christmas.
     
  11. brad kilpatrick

    brad kilpatrick New Member

    Messages:
    2,666
    State:
    Kansas City
    70% catfish 30% other fish (crappie, whitebass, largemouth)
     
  12. shania

    shania New Member

    Messages:
    5,942
    State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I find myself fishing 60% of the time for Catfish. :grin-big:

    I find myself fishing 30% of the time for Bass. :know-big:

    & 10% of my fishing goes to Other Pan-Fish (Bluegills, Crappie, ect.) & Salt Water fishing.
    :0a23:

    Take it easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)
     
  13. pendog66

    pendog66 New Member

    Messages:
    2,121
    State:
    Brookville OH
    65 to 70% of the time i catfish with my buddies. The other 30 to 35% i spend bass fishing with my dad, thats what he enjoys most and i like to spend time fishing with him at the river.
     
  14. BullDaddy

    BullDaddy New Member

    Messages:
    905
    State:
    Bossier City, La.
    80% cats with the other 20% being Crappie in the winter time and Bream in the summer time.
     
  15. Larry

    Larry New Member

    Messages:
    707
    State:
    Minnesota
    50% Cats 40% Walley 10% smallmouth.
     
  16. james

    james New Member

    Messages:
    747
    State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Im just bout 100% catfishin but you might catch me fishin for bass, crappie, bream, sandies, or stripers but ill have a pole riged for cats near by
     
  17. thecatman

    thecatman New Member

    Messages:
    1,763
    State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i fish about 60% of the time for cats and about 40% of the time for either bass crappie carp gar or other panfish but i usually have another rod set up for cats nearby unless im fishing in my tube but thats another story
     
  18. Desperado

    Desperado Active Member

    Messages:
    1,244
    State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I would have to say 70% of the time and the rest, I'm bowfishing for carp and gar. I do fish for crappie and bass in the spring.
     
  19. Deltalover

    Deltalover New Member

    Messages:
    1,227
    State:
    Tracy Calif
    I have to say about 80 percent catfishing! 15 percent other freshwater fish and about 5 percent ocean! I hope to do more ocean fishing this year!
     
  20. chubbahead

    chubbahead Member

    Messages:
    332
    State:
    Ohio
    I'd say I fish around 60% of my time on catfishing. The other 40 would be for smallmouth and saugeyes.

    How do you figure the percentage when you do both at the same time? Yesterday I went out and fished for smallmouth and channels. Today I'm am doing the same. I guess that would be 50/50 since I use one pole for each.