Catfish are hitting on anything

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by isaiahedwards, Jun 15, 2007.

1. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    a friend who owns a baitshop said this for catfish
    The fishing seasons are screwed up due to the hot weather. Catfish are hitting on anything, we think thier heading for an early spawning season-two months early. I here bluegill is a good bait

2. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    they're spawning here in cali, and go figure, the fish i caught today and then cleaned, i found a blue gill in the belly, to bad we cant fish for with them here:sad2:

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i'm doin good this week but it seems like last week i couldnt buy a bite.....hmmmm

4. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Yes the cats are biting well here. We caught a bunch of blues on skipjack and chicken. Saw others using worms and livers and they were catching lots too.

Cheez

5. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I've been thinking about goin out to the lake. it's been real dry here for several years and the lake levels so low that cottonwoods have grown up around the shorelines. now it's been a real wet winter/spring and the lakes are full. so it's hard to fish anywhere without a boat. and if you can find a spot barely open enough to cast then there's usually someone already there. seems nomatter who you ask nobodys been catchin anything though. been real rainy for the last several days and overnight too and radar looks like more rain coming for today so there might not be many people out there. (hey, I've got a slicker suit and rubber boots, lol) anyway, thought I might get about 10-12 different baits and try several different depths. maybe I'll find something!?

6. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    correction - they have been catching em below the dam when the gates are open but there are so many people sometimes that you actually rub elbows with the guy next to you. don't like anybody fishin that close to me even my best friend.

7. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Here in sw VA last week was real slow, but i went Sat night and the action was fairly good. Got one nice channel and several small ones, even had a big break off 20# line