Catfish are hitting good on the Ohio River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by FlatheadMan, Jul 14, 2006.

1. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Been nailing them good tha past week on the ohio think there about done spawning got 10 last night Ive got 3 in the 20# range since last fri and a bunch in the 6-10# range so get out there and hammer um guys.By the way I been using sucker and blue gills ,Gills live and suckers cutting them up they have been crushing the cut bait!! Ill put some pics up soon

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother, it sounds like you are tearing em up. Congrats on the catches, cant wait to see the pics. I am sure glad someone is catching fish.

3. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    What area on the Ohio are they hitting on??

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the catches!!!

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Sounds great. I will be staying in a cabin right on the river this coming weekend ( 07/21/06-07/24/06)..Hope they are biting while im down there..I plan on puting a few big fish in the boat!!! Congrats on your catches brother

6. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Tea I used to run my coon dogs alot out your way met a lot good people out there.

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mike what kind of water are you finding the flatheads in........don't tell Deerhunter I'm asking, I just have to catch a bigger flathead than he does tomorrow. we will be fishing the cumberland river but that should be kind of the same, any hints would help.

I'm not to sharp I see, I thought you were fishing the OHIO river.

Thanks

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Thats a good part of the river you have up there, nice cats. Thanks for sharing

9. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Dan,This spot is kind of an oddball its a secondary channel about 30ft deep not much structure at all if any But i caught about 5 nice ones there already this year i think they must swim up and down the channel looking for food.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mike - Nice fish! Thanks for posting the pictures! I always enjoy seeing other members catches!

11. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    fished the ohio last night at the dashfields dam. caught 4 flatheads biggest was about 5lbs. I'm glad to see there starting to bite again. caught all of them on cut bait

12. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    FLATHEAD MAN, do you by chance fish a local tournament in w.v.? you look awfully familiar. the guy always beats me by 2-3 inches everytime lol. you look like him.