Catfish Are Biting On High Rock river in North Carolina

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by trfoster, Apr 28, 2006.

1. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    The first pic is a 6lb 1oz blue channel cat caught on 4-24-06,The next one is a 10lb4oz flathead caught on 4-25-06,They were both caught on 4 inch shad,bottom fishing off bank,blue about 10:30am & the flat at 12:00pm. They were both released after pic.:big_smile: Just thought i would share,since i finally figured out how to load & post pics.:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    did u have any luck since the rain i went fri and only caught 2 channels a 8 and a pan sized
    Eric

3. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    no,I havent been down since the 25th when i caught the flathead,also i have tendonitous in my right wrist that flared up on me so im haveing to let it settle down before i can fish some more.:crazy: probabley go down this week sometime i hope:smile2:

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Nice catch Tr. What area of the lake were you fishing?

5. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well,they consider this the bird & wildlife preserve back down in here, im about 4to5 miles down from the buck steam plant by water.there are two big islands acoss the channel from me you can pass on either side but not up the middle due to its jammed with lots of logs and trash debre.yrs ago it was clear and only passable by flat bottom boat due to the water was only 2 feet deep all the way threw.on this side up on the point there is a sand bar thats pretty big and you have to stick to the left side of the bank comeing in. right up threw here a lot of people who know there way around will take this route as a short cut up to the steam plant and yakin bridge.as to going around the islands,it saves about 20 to 30 min, or more depending on the boat and horse power.I dont know if any of this helps,not to good with river directions but by road im in the trading ford area down off leonard rd which is off longs ferry rd here on the spencer side.As i posted you in a differnt thread a ways back,if you leave dan nicholos park take a right,come down til you see goodman lake rd on the right,take it to the end,at the stop sighn will be longs ferry rd passing in front of you,go straight across,this will then be leonard rd, come down til you see waccamaw dr on right,it will be a dirt rd,with a big brown sighn in the middle of it that says lake high rock,plus private rd sighn and dead in rd sighn.im back down in here,if you know the area then maybe you know the area im in on the river also,if you want directions comeing off interstate 85 let me know.hope this helps:smile2: