catfish are bad for you to eat

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by cobra, Aug 8, 2008.

1. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well my wife said to me, what we gonna have to eat tonight, she has just had a back operation, so i said hun i will take care that tonight
    so i deep fried some mushrooms, deep fried some half runner green beans, deepfried some fresh green tomatos, bakes a tater , made some slaw, then i deep fried them channel cats my bud gave me today from lake wylie, but you know me and the wife are not glowing yet with all the bad stuff that is suppose to be in lake wylie cats!.
    you rr guys just tell that to keep us juggers from catchin your fish lol:angry::big_smile::embarassed::eek:oooh::crazy::roll_eyes::tounge_out::wink::smile2::confused2:

2. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you know you rr guys, us juggers have a sense of humor, you rr guys are so uptight that i bet when you do get to go fishing you can't catch a biggun because you can't even see the hits, you guys ought to calm down and have a better time fishing, who cares if you catch the biggest in the world?
    join us juggers for a lazy afternoon of catchin big blues lol lol cause we know how its done lol:smile2:
    tell you what us juggers will fish you rr guys, your choice of lakes and we will whip your butts, who ever wins must come on here and say we were wrong about the way we fish or you fish!!!!!:tounge_out:
    i gonna get a gaggle of my friends and we be ready to go when ever yall have the gonads:smile2:

3. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A fair contest means one rr for every jug. That's gonna require lots of boats to fish that many r&rs!

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Accepted! Lets go to santee since you said we could pick the lakes. I like the way you think. :smile2: Then we will stop by the pay lakes and sell our catches since you have a commerical license. :smile2: Still find humor in that? You going to tell me you release a fish you know you can sell and make money off of? Now thats funny and very humorious to me. :smile2: Are we having fun yet?:smile2:

5. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i will even take my toon and let you drive, and still out fish you 3 to one and i will use only one rr, cause you have no idea how to fish santee lol
    :smile2:

6. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    no need for me to sale fish to pay lakes as i already own 6 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    now what you gonna say?:smile2::roll_eyes::tounge_out:

7. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    12 jugs is my limit, hey you are the talking the trash lol talk the talk can you walk the walk ? naww lol:smile2:

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey J.R., I think I can talk the talk........now regarding walking the walk I don't know? These fellers ain't gonna make me walk the plank are they? :)

We have to come to some kind of agreement regarding the catfish population in NC? I've jugged before, not recently, but I will. It's fun, not to say R&R fishing is not.

I don't see either of them as a SPORT. I'm sure I'm gonna be schooled here shortly on the sport of R&R, and catching a HOG. People I grew up around, that wasn't their purpose. If they caught a hog, (YEAH, bass fishermen) they had it mounted.

Maybe I'll catch a big cat one of these days, and have a replica made of it. This is REALLY gettin' stupid.

ALL of ya (including me at this point) are making the people of NC look like a bunch of dumbasses.

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    You better quit sippin bro....my history at santee is not bad at all.:wink: Im afriad you are tanting your jugging communities reputation a little with all the talk. Im starting to smell a rat myself.

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Sorry catgirl something is not right here I know it.

11. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    when you want to go, let me know we go down and see if we can catch a big one, i know a good place after dark up the the woods, they kinda come in the woods at night under the birds roosting and you can hear them slurping bird droppins, we call it terd fishing:smile2:

12. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you see yall rr guys are so up tight that is a feller is picking yall get all bent out of shape, maybe you thinking about going polywog fishing tomorrow and have a brain ache

13. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    im willing to take the challenge from any jugger if catgirl will be my partner as we togather are professional rr guys an gals and i think we can end this debate for good an get on to outher brotherhood buss that makes giving up our time an efforts the roundhill

14. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey catfish
    i was fishing santee when bobby george was a kid just starting to guide down there and bill jones owned the boat landing at the steel bridge

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ill take that challange anyday of the week and I too vote for Santee. Your 8 jugs with 1 hook per jug against my 8 rods. Total weight of the 5 biggest fish.

16. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...deep fried some mushrooms, deep fried some half runner green beans, deepfried some fresh green tomatos, bakes a tater , made some slaw, then i deep fried them channel cats..."

I dont think the mercury in the catfish is as big a threat as the "deep fried" in everything else!!!!! :smile2:

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Finally, a voice of reason, We can always count on CatGirl to steer us correctly.............................Just take the time to listen to her fellas! Words of Wisdom!

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...Finally, a voice of reason, We can always count on CatGirl to steer us correctly..."

brother hilljack I have to respectfully disagree. :embarassed:

I love Catgirl, we all do, but she is a "middle of the roader". Nothing wrong with that because some folks belong there, but sometimes you got to stand for something and take a side and not sit on the fence. You will piss some folks off in the process, alienate yourself from some, but thats life. Some folks don't like to do that, and thats ok, it just ain't for me. :roll_eyes:

"...We have to come to some kind of agreement regarding the catfish population in NC..."

Do we? I don't think so. Again, it is more of an idealistic fantasy than reality. We all will never agree, some folks will be pissed off, and that is life. We move on from there. :wink:

I guess I am not good at, nor care to, please everyone. :wink:

19. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Doggone Wyliecat, You wrote the same thing I was going to write. That ain't fair!

Now how in the world are we all going to agree on the jugging issue when some want it totally outlawed and some want to fish with 500 jugs ?

Rest assured I don't want any new laws of any kind. I have all of them I need thank you very much.

20. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
    can't jug fish on santee........ lots of regulation on both the upper and lower lake when it comes to jugs. think you might get to have three? or something like that. or have to buy a permit........

that's a bowfishing lake right there. and I'm sure if we compared whose was bigger with the bowfisherman............. I'm sure you r&r guys would be embarrased. there ain't no way during the summer months that anybody has a chance to keep up with bowfishermen. the bow guys are still slayin them daily in 4 feet of water. and if you don't know about bowfishing...... it ain't catch and release...... and they do well on the santee