catfish and storms

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by mactheaxe, Jun 22, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i was wondering, do catfish eat before or after storms. its rainin and lightning pretty good right now and the radar sais it might clear up by 730, just wonderin what you guys might think. oh, and if it helps. i caught 6 cats yesterday about that time and was wonderin what you guys might think about that correlating with the weather today. anybody know?

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I have heard that is good fishing when the barameter pressure is rising or falling and that happens before and after most storms so the fish should be biting around that time.

3. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Almost forgot.Welcome to the Boc Jasn.

4. Greasy Ham

Greasy Ham New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've heard a lot of old timers say that thunder messes them up pretty good.
    Don't know if that is true, but I've heard it said.

5. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    My best luck has been right before a storm & bout 2-3 days after a good rain.

6. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i like fishing as a storm approaches and i also like to fish feeder creeks as soon as its over:wink:

7. coler0kw

coler0kw New Member

State:
    ky
    I ALWAYS HEARD AS GREASY HAM SAID CATFISH WOULDNT BITE WHEN IT WAS THUNDERING. BUT WE HAS JUGS OUT THE OTHER NIGHT AND GOT RUN IN TO CAMP BECAUSE OF A THUNDERSTORM AND WHEN THE STORM SUBSIDED WE HAD FISH ON THE LINES.

8. Jighead07

Jighead07 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Our best nights of jugging was when thunderstorms would come through and run us off the lake. We would come back to find our biggest and most fish after a storm had rolled through.

9. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    some of my best days have been under a bridge in the rain.

10. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I have always done well before during and after the storm. The barometric pressure does play a role in the way catfish feed, but peak feeding comes with peak barometric pressure just as peak feeding is just before, during, and just after the full moon. The barometric pressure has sort of the same magnetic pull affect as the moon, and the peak barometric pressure usually occurs during the peak of a storm. The old timers also used to say that the static elctricity charge given off by astorm caused feeding, how true that is I don't know, but my biggest fish have always come during storms. Hope this helps a little, just my opinion

Steve

11. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Oh and Welcome to the BOC!!!

Steve

12. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I have a big patio umbrella I fish under and if its raining hared they bite good:wink: