Catfish and crappie

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by jason berry, Apr 2, 2007.

1. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I tore the crappie and catfish up saturday evning in a farm pond. I had the little gold crappie hook straightened out a few times before I started catfishing with the catfish rod. The crappie were hitting so good I couldnt use two poles or I would have lost one. Caught around 30 crappie and 6 nice channel cats all around 8-10# range. Then I got rained on. The cats were hitting like crazy I would have destroyed them if it wouldnt have been for the rain. Ill be posting some nice pics of some flats this month its about that time to get really serious for my favorite flathead catfish.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Jason are You Shure You wern't Fishing in a Fish Hatchery Pond?? LOL, Just Kiddin. Congrat,s!! J.D.

3. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    sounds like a good trip....i caught between 25 and 30 crappie and a few sand bass sunday at lake texana....along with a nother gator:big_smile:

4. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i need to get catch some crappie and fry them up, ive tried a few times this last month but havent had much luck. just a few small ones, and a few small channels. ready for the river to come down a little bit more, and ill be after the cats.

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Man oh man you wore them out congrats