Catfish and Crappie on Kentucky and Barkley Lakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Skipjack73, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Skipjack73

Skipjack73 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey fellas, glad to be back on the best catfish site in the world. Coming down the day after Easter for annual fishing trip.Wondering if anyone has any info for good areas for catfish or crappie.Staying near the dam on KY Lake. Any help would be appreciated. Thought about trying near the submerged bridge near Knob and Hammonds creek.Is this a good area?Of course I practice CPR. Thanks guys. Good fishing!!:cool:

2. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Skipjack,
    some friends and I will be staying at Watersedge camp ground close to the dam from the 13th - 19th. If you are around there, give us a hollar. I have a Smokercraft w/Catbird stenciled on the stern and Schoe (one of our sponsors) has Where I Fish on his boat.

3. shorebound1

shorebound1 New Member

State:
    Cynthiana, Kentucky
    I hope you do better than we did. 35 Crappie for 3.5 days.

4. Skipjack73

Skipjack73 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Catbird,I'll be getting there Mon. the 17. Probably fish for skipjack at the dams Mon. afternoon and Tues. morning hope to run into ya.I'll be driving a red Jimmy and pulling a V-Hull Bass Tracker.Will try to have lunch at the Pelican if I can find it.Sorry you guys didn't have better luck Songbird. Did a front move through while your were there.I thought they would be shallow and ready to spawn.

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    The Pelican is on the main highway right between the dams, if you are coming from KY. dam the Pelican is on your right as you come into Lake City. The crappies are coming in to the banks right now, alot of crappies and some nice channel cats are being caught at Shaw Branch/Crooked Creek both right off the bank and by the submeged bridge that is there.
    Lunch at the Pelican is that on Tuesday? If so I will try and be there around noon or whenever you figure ya'll will be there.

6. Skipjack73

Skipjack73 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey thanks Griz,great to hear from ya.I'm not sure yet about an exact time for lunch at the Pelican.I am 99.9% sure I'll be fishing Barkley dam on Tues. morning though.I'll post again this weekend and let ya know about lunch.Maybe we'll get a chance to do some fishing together this time.Are there a lot of skipjack being caught yet do you know.Hell, I'm getting excited about fishing for them.Can't wait.I love spring:)

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    welcome back to the board

8. Skipjack73

Skipjack73 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Griz, we're heading down there tomorrow.Dont really know what our plans are as of yet other than we'll be fishing for skips Mon. afternoon or Tues. morning. Feel free to call my cell if ya want. The # is 937-367-1139.Frank

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Im going down to Kentucky River, and lake Barkley in May I cant wait, last year my dad went up there and fsihed at Lake Barkley and caught like 10 catfish in the morning, im giong try catch some shad, and other bates to use while im down there.