Catfish and Camping

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by EKYHunter, Sep 3, 2008.

1. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    I have a vacation coming up and I want to find a place I came camp and catfish in the same place. I dont need all the hookups like electric and water but it would be nice , primitive site. I am wanting to spend 2-3 days there with my family . Cave run, Yatesville , and Grayson lake places like these big lakes. Any information on these lakes would greatly appreciated.

2. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Can't help any but hope you have a great time. Hard to beat family time anyway you can get it. Be sure and let us know how you do!!

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I drove by part of Cave Run Lake yesterday and what I saw, It looks just like Dewey. Think most of them have a lot of weeds due to lack of rain and extra clear water this year.

4. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    That doesnt sound good

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    enjoy you time with your family and hope you can catch a fish or two

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Maybe Cave Run down by the dam ie deeper water might work . If your using live bait a leader is in order or a muskie might cut you off !

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm not familiar with those places....but LBL ( Land Between The Lakes ) offers many different spots to camp and fish in Western Kentucky.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Never been to Cave Run. Never camped at Y-ville. I've camped at Grayson though and its pretty nice. Gotta watch out for the skunks though. We were camping there several years ago and a skunk walked right underneath my chair! Scared the you know what out of me!!!:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2:
    The fishing should be pretty good at any of them. Even though I've never camped at Y-ville I think thats where I'd go. Its really nice up there. Should be able to load up on the Channels, not sure about the flatties but I'd say their in there.
    Let me know when you go, I'll try and come up and visit. I'm not too far from Grayson or Y-ville.

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Would love tosee a yatesville report !

10. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I have not done any fishing there yet but Barren River Lake at Baileys Point Campground, you can fish right out of your camp site on many of the sites.