Catfish - 1 / Larry and Catcommander - 0

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Larry, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Decided to take the 2006 maiden voyage yesterday and fish Lock and Dam #1 on the Mighty Mississippi yesterday.
    I just couldnt wait any longer to get out. The first boat launch we went to was still covered in ICE and Snow. So we had to travel a little farther but we did find one that was open.
    IT was pretty quiet on the river, there were only two other boats on the river besides us. Walley fisherman.
    IT was about 35 degrees. We had sunshine and at times we had some small snow clouds come through. At one point we couldnt even see 1/4 mile due to falling and blowing snow. (it was very shortlived)
    We were using live sucker, fatheads and cut suckers.
    NO fish unfortunately, Catcommander had one snag that could have possibly been a fish, But given it was the first time out with new tackle and equipment, I would have to probably chalk up the broken line to a snag.
    Looks like Saturday is going to be another prime day, with a chance to even the score with the cats. And our weather is going to be a little better.
    Wish us luck.
    thanks
    Larry

2. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Good luck on Saturday. And you can always use the call

Here fishy, fishy
    LOL

Have fun

3. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Good luck on Saturday Larry, I'll be out there soon enough. I am chomping at the bit to get fishin' myself.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Good luck on Sat!!!!

(ps move south, fish all year)

5. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    You'll do better. We've done pretty well the past two weeks from shore on pool 1. The next few weeks should warm the water enough to get the channel cats really snapping.

6. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    dang you guys.......I'm still going out ice fishing, and figure it will be at least a couple weeks before I put that stuff away and fing my catfishing stuff.

7. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    Good Luck Larry, the fish will wait for ya :cool:

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Good luck at your next outing, and just keep at it, warmer and better days are just around the corner.

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Good luck, Larry - knock'em dead :0a23:

10. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    The cats were very slow on Pool 1 today for our little gathering. We definitely picked up a few, but there was no consistent bite or pattern all day. I fished from 11-6 and only managed two, and that was probably about the average. Biggest fish for the day were a 6-9 by a friend and I managed a 6-4. The rest ranged between 1 and 5. It was very disappointing.

The slackwater area we were fishing was very stagnant and the main channel was ripping. We are hypothesizing that they were sitting on the current seam and feeding, but the seam was not reachable from shore:mad: Oh well, another day.

Any one else have any reports?