Catdaddy in Grand Island

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by uglymike, Feb 23, 2008.

1. uglymike

uglymike New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Did anybody make it to the sports show in G.I. 2 weekends ago? I made a point of going to see Catdaddy Shumway's seminar. Had some good info. and a good talk. He's charging $225 a day for a guided fishing trip!!! I'm retired now, maybe I should go into the catfish guide service!!??:big_smile:

2. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    theres money to be made there.. but dealing with the people ???? idk.

i wanted to go but didnt have the time. :embarassed:

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    didn't make to the sports show. how was it? i live in Hastings, but had to much other stuff going on. Hey Mike! Maybe you can teach me a thing or two about catching the big one. Where in the tri-county canal do u fish?

4. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    yeah i met the guy at both of the outdoor shows in omaha last year talked about throw lines mostly but he was alright to talk to one on one

5. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I'm booking a trip for April 05, 2008.

6. uglymike

uglymike New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Bownero- I live in Cozad and fish the tri-county near here. Midway, G. Canyon, Plum Creek...All less than a half hour from my driveway. Maybe you read the July 07 issue of Great Plains Game and Fish? There was an article about tri-county catfishing, I was in that article. Will also be featured in Nebraskaland mag. this summer (flatheads). Will be hittin' the catfish hard in a couple weeks (hopefully!) as soon as the ice is off and can get my boat in the water. Am including a pic of one of the bigger flatheads we caught on the tri-county.

Attached Files:

7. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Nice fis hope i can catch somehting close to that in my day

8. houghty26

houghty26 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    That is one heck of a fish!

9. mustad1

mustad1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i have fished with him. he is a gem....great catches and laughing your tail off....and, he is a great cook...bring on the peppers

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    my buddy went to that show and got to talk to ole catdaddy. he got some real good ideas from him too. i had to work so i didnt make it to the expo