The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody make it to the sports show in G.I. 2 weekends ago? I made a point of going to see Catdaddy Shumway's seminar. Had some good info. and a good talk. He's charging $225 a day for a guided fishing trip!!! I'm retired now, maybe I should go into the catfish guide service!!??:big_smile:

·
Registered
720 Posts
theres money to be made there.. but dealing with the people ???? idk.

i wanted to go but didnt have the time. :embarassed:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
didn't make to the sports show. how was it? i live in Hastings, but had to much other stuff going on. Hey Mike! Maybe you can teach me a thing or two about catching the big one. Where in the tri-county canal do u fish?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
yeah i met the guy at both of the outdoor shows in omaha last year talked about throw lines mostly but he was alright to talk to one on one

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bownero- I live in Cozad and fish the tri-county near here. Midway, G. Canyon, Plum Creek...All less than a half hour from my driveway. Maybe you read the July 07 issue of Great Plains Game and Fish? There was an article about tri-county catfishing, I was in that article. Will also be featured in Nebraskaland mag. this summer (flatheads). Will be hittin' the catfish hard in a couple weeks (hopefully!) as soon as the ice is off and can get my boat in the water. Am including a pic of one of the bigger flatheads we caught on the tri-county.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have fished with him. he is a gem....great catches and laughing your tail off....and, he is a great cook...bring on the peppers

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
my buddy went to that show and got to talk to ole catdaddy. he got some real good ideas from him too. i had to work so i didnt make it to the expo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts