catcrazed and kataddict Louisville trip

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catcrazed, Dec 15, 2008.

1. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well My uncle and I went to Louisville this past weekend and had a blast!! We fished all day Friday and fished Satruday morning until noon. Friday was fun catching plenty of fish but nothing very big. Lots of 5-8 pound channels and Blues but just couldnt find the bigguns. Saturday got to the water with about 3 1/2 hours to fish and once again caught several channels and blues ranging anywhere from 3-8 pounds. with about an hour left We dicided we were gonna try fishing super deep. We found a 70 foot stretch of river and bingo. In the last 50 minutes I lost a good one and caught 2 blues in the mid 20 pound range. It was a blast. We sure wish we could have that stretch of water closer to us. The bends and depth of the water are truely amazing. There is actually a bend in that area that is so sharp that the barges have to get into the turn and back up and get another run to get through it. Not to mention that specific turn in the river is over 100 feet deep and yes we mark monster fish there often but havent caught fish there for some reason but have tried. Seems like 70 and 80 pound blues are caught there in that stretch pretty often. There was a 70 lb blue caught there this weekend actually during the duracats tourney on Saturday. Go to the Duracat website and check it out. Its a true monster!! Anyways courent was pretty good with some debris but not terrible. We can't wait to go back soon. Gets a little expensive when you stayin all weekend though. Well folks, thats our story!! Hope we see yas on the water this weekend. We will more than likely be there. heres a few pics

Attached Files:

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Wow man, sounds like a great trip. Thanks for the pictures and the report!

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    great fish good going rick

4. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Nice fish bro!

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good report Robin... thanks for sharing.....rollo

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice report,nice fish.thanks for sharing it with us

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a great trip, congrats and good luck in the future

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on a great trip, good report !

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Its a good thing you called me about an hour before you left, and I told you what to try, that way you could catch a couple nice ones! LMAO!:smile2::smile2::smile2:.......jk nice fish bud

10. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    yeah those marshmallows worked great. I thought you could only catch skippies with those things but I guess they catch everything.

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    marshmellows are great, but hummingbird hearts works better than anything!:big_smile:

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    If you guys can keep it on the hook, Green Jell-O is the best bait I've found. Flatheads, Blues, largemouth, saugeyes, just about everything will just flat out nail it.