Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
901 - 906 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #902 ·
I been fishing the river 3 mornings this week. Caught one fish each morning.
Then I came to the day where I should of brought a rake. It was one of those days.
Spotted a bald eagle looking at the nest on my bait caster. That pretty much made my day even though I have to spool my reel with some new line.
Then I moved to another spot and got one bite on the last cast before the cold front came in.

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #903 ·
I didn't have to spool new line on my reel. I thought I was low on line but I have braid tied on underneath the mono. I believe I put on a small spool of 50 pound dark green braid. I just have a really long mono shock leader.:)
I might still put the Whisker Seeker 20 pound mono back on it cast much better than Big Game.

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #904 ·
Some Fall Back Fishing from post 900.
My longest video yet. 2 hours passed before the first bite and I wasn't worried a bit.
The new light set up worked good for once. I can see 8 foot in front of me but the camera can't.
I will have to add some ground lighting.
My action cam was fogged up but did have the right angle for one piece in the video. ;)
Mistakes were made but I had some fun.

Not seen on the video there was a catfish out in front of me and moved to the right of me going to the bank and just sitting there. He wasn't scared of my lights but did move when he noticed me. He came back 3 times to the same spot in inches of water.

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #905 ·
I made it out on the White right before dark tonight. After dark it got a little foggy. No bites until I decide to leave the rods and go down the bank and look at another spot to try. While down at the next spot I hear something that just keeps on splashing in the water. It took me a minute and then ding ding ding I figured out it was on one of my lines.
So I ran back down the bank and reeled it in. After watching the video when I got home I noticed it went down soon as I walked away.
Caught this guy on a center gut section of fresh shad.

Fin Fish Marine biology Fisherman Ray-finned fish

Needless to say I stay a bit longer and I get another one on that is pulling a little bit of drag.
I fight him for a minute and he popped off. Tried for a little while long but decided to move.
The move was a bad idea because I had no bites there. So I move again and the center cut section gets another fish shortly after.

Vertebrate Smile Jacket Fish Fin

901 - 906 of 906 Posts