Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
821 - 840 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
Ever changing at the moment! I’m quickly becoming a TWC and whisker seeker fan though.
23 Posts
@twaskom Those are all good points and great advice but you’re forgetting one very important detail!
A trade mark outfit/ piece of attire! I suggest a straw hat it will really boost the alco algor oh you know that thing!
Sorry Stacee it’s all in fun!

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Dan, on these big river trips, I know who will be tossing the net from here on out. haha

It is obvious that he won't give up easily.

As many pics as Stacee has posted, I bet his microphone port is packed full of catfish slime. lol

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #830 ·
Dan, on these big river trips, I know who will be tossing the net from here on out. haha

It is obvious that he won't give up easily.

As many pics as Stacee has posted, I bet his microphone port is packed full of catfish slime. lol
Probably some scales and mud in there too.

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Now you need that cheap tripod (or PVC DIY cell stand) so you won't have to stand on your head to talk to it.

Then that Bluetooth remote I have mentioned several times will also start and stop a video.

Finally you can do like Catfish Dave and just walk over to the camera 40 times or so and tell us about the dogs, wave makers and other things.

I can see this blossoming.

Channel Cat Stacee. or maybe Turtle Tunes.

tight lines

·
Registered
Ever changing at the moment! I’m quickly becoming a TWC and whisker seeker fan though.
23 Posts
Stacee I love how you manage to throw the net like a pro and only have one tangled line. Last time I went out on the river I lost 4 rigs and destroyed my cast net! Haha trial and error I reckon

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #833 ·
Now you need that cheap tripod (or PVC DIY cell stand) so you won't have to stand on your head to talk to it.

Then that Bluetooth remote I have mentioned several times will also start and stop a video.

Finally you can do like Catfish Dave and just walk over to the camera 40 times or so and tell us about the dogs, wave makers and other things.

I can see this blossoming.

Channel Cat Stacee. or maybe Turtle Tunes.

tight lines
All good ideas Tom
I been using a selfie tripod wire tied to my rod holder.

Going to have to figure out the night video also.
The video I'm working on from Sunday was a disaster once it got dark.
AKA Gar guy.

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
About the only thing to do in the dark is to add light. That is easier said than done. And it means more stuff to carry out there.

now to get better sound, you need to borrow an extra cell phone with a collar clip microphone. Then just use it as a recorder. I have used iMovie as an dieting program which since the video and the recording are in real time can be matched together for good sound in your video. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #835 ·
I went out this morning to the creek for bait. Got some bait and decided to hit the river a short while.
It's too hot for me out in that sun. I had a few bites and even had a fish come off out in the current.
Hoping every one else is keeping it cool out there in this heat.

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
I'm thinking about doing a little, bank, carp fishing at Cataract. From the State recreation area I can park and have my rods set up right beside me. The water is 4 steps away. One good thing is that bait is always easy to make. But I have to change the oil on the zero turn first. Then get supper ready for the boss . Then maybe.

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
Well I didn't make it. It stayed hot into the 80 till well after dark and I just decided to wait for a better day.

One thing I have learned is if you skip a day, you can never really get it back. It is just gone.

Maybe tomorrow night.

821 - 840 of 879 Posts