catching shovelhead when the waters low

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by J.A.B., Jul 20, 2009.

1. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

State:
    ohio
    where did the fish go ? ive tried dams and deep holes but cant seem to find the fish consistantly. :confused2:

2. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    this time of year i find them in shallow fast moving water just upstream or downstream from a deep hole. the water temp is really high right now and they look for the cooler water

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would imagine that alot of the bigger fish have already been removed from the rivers.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Keep looking for them. I have caught a few in the past week. Been looking for logs an such in the water an casting near.

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    NNNOOOOO !!! SAY IT ANT SO!!:crazy:

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio

JAB, they don't call it catching. Fish don't eat just cause you are fishing.

You are fishing both prefered areas, they will be there feeding at some point in the 24 hour cycle. You have to be there when they are. If you spend a couple days and nights in an area and still get no fish, It's time to look for a different staging/feeding area.

Don't get frustrated, go out and find the fish. This is like buck hunting only in the water. Find what they need to survive. Food, shelter. And you'll find fish. Mostly food. They will leave shelter to eat.