Catching hogs twice

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by WOOD18, Jun 16, 2007.

1. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    MY BUDDY AND I SET A TRAP YESTERDAY ON SOME WHEAT STUBBLE. WE BAITED THE TRAP WITH GREASE FROM A MEXICAN FOOD RESTARAUNT HERE IN TOWN AND SOME CORN. KNEW WE WOULD CATCH SOME JUST DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE AS QUICK AS IT WAS. SET THE TRAP AROUND 5PM AND BY 8 AM WE HAD 2 IN THE TRAP. LOADED THEM UP IN A TRAILER. I LET MY PUPS WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN A HOG BEFORE CHECK THEM OUT. THEY WENT CRAZY. I WENT TO UNLOAD THEM AND PUT THEM IN A PEN THAT I HAD CONSTRUCTED OUT OF A METAL WORKING PENS. UNLOADED THEM IN THE ALLEY AND ONE OF THEM SNUCK UNDER THE FENCE. I LET MY OLDER DOG LOSE AND MY PUPS STEPPED UP. THE OLDER DOG CAUGHT UP AND GRABBED AN EAR THEN ONE OF MY PUPS GRABBED THE OTHER EAR WHILE THE OTHER WAS BAYING. I HAD TO CALL MY WIFE TO COME GET THE DOGS OFF SO I COULD DO SOMETHING WITH THE HOG BECAUSE I COULD NOT GET THEM TO LET LOSE. BY THE WAY MY DOGS ARE KERR DOGS ABOUT 6 MONTHS. MAN THEY MADE ME PROUD. BUT I REALIZED BEFORE I TAKE THEM OUT IN THE RIVER BOTTOMS I NEED TO GET IN SHAPE. I WAS OUT OF BREATH AND SWEATING FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER ALL THE EXCITEMENT HAD DIED DOWN.

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    When you're ready..... we'll go dump 'em out South of Vernon & see what they come up with. :embarassed: Just kidding. I ain't got the money to bail either of us out. We need to get them ready for peanut season. Matt planted a bunch of peanuts by the river, and I don't think there is any way possible to keep the pigs out. Better use the dogs, I guess.