Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Hey River-Rat, Looks to be about a 3 hour drive. I'm located in Warsaw, it's right at the truman dam and below the dam is the start of the lake of the ozarks. (the osage arm) So we have plenty of area here to fish between the two lakes. It's been like about every where here this year with hit and miss fishing. I look for the big blues to start in before to much longer, the weather is suposse to turn of cooler the next week or so. The water temp. is running in the upper 60's now. November and December have allways been some very good times for trophy fish here. If you want to plan a trip give me a holler, I'd be more than happy to go.

Spoonfish I appreciate that. I would love to get into some nice trophy fish. I normally take a couple weeks off around christmas and what a nice gift...a trophy cat!!!! I would try to get over next month but I'm pretty much booked.

If I can get over there sometime in early december I'll let you know. I have a 20foot SeaArk and would have plenty of room for another B.O.C member or anyone that doesn't mind a little chilly weather!!

Hey spoonfish is the fall bite like it is in march/april below truman? This past spring my buddys and I tore them up. Nothing to huge biggest was in the low 30's. I do plan on giving it a shot when the water was in the low 50's high 40's.

I was down below Truman for a couple of hours on Sat night. Things sure were slow, except for a guy catching crappie left and right. But there's something magical about fishing there in November, with all the fish jumping at night. I haven't caught any big catfish there, but I've hooked into a couple. It's my favorite time to fish below Truman.

Rat, Truman is about 3 hours west and south from you. More west than south, but still about 3 hours. Regarding best time to catch kittens, somebody else with more experience needs to answer that one. I keep hearing about good winter cattin, but I haven't seen it personally. And I'm still catching my best cats while fishing for other critters.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Well Spoon and T,
I was sipping at something to keep me warm that day... Sure thought it said
90ft tho.. Oh well. It's a deep hole and there were a lot of fish in there.

Wed was a crappy day. Only one bite over a deep hole. There were plenty of
decent fish being marked on the graph but they weren't hungry.

It's turning colder here now. About 50 degrees as I speak, and suppose to cool off more this weekend. If I can get over these danged allergies/cold or whatever it is I'm gonna get back out and make them bite.

Spoon, wanna try to make it out again this weekend?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.