Catching cats can be trying

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by muddyjet, Aug 8, 2008.

1. muddyjet

muddyjet New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yesterday I took my son catfishing, my older bother went and took his son. Braxton, my son, caught two blues. 1lb and 1 1/2lb and two gars. My nephew, in their boat, caught about a 6lb blue. My brother and I were striking out...I was thinking as long as the kids were enjoying and learning, that's what mattered most....About that time my rod bent, I hooked a good fish!!!! Well, guess what. I had caught a sting ray :crazy:!!!!
    We were on the Mobile river just off the Mt. Vernon landing in the middle of the river!!!! It weighed about 4lbs. I can take being out fished but catching something that should be in the gulf about did me in.. When we returned home I called my grandfather who is 93 and asked him had he ever heard of them being so far north, which of course he said NO...
    Has anyone else caught a salt water species that far north???? It makes me rethink using cut bait, next time am I gonna catch a shark????

2. 10IbsBass

10IbsBass New Member

State:
    AL
    was found dead in the tennessee river a few weeks ago. It had a bass lure in its mouth that kept its mouth shut so it couldn't eat. Try this [​IMG]Shark Found in Lake Guntersville or [​IMG]Dead Shark Found in Lake Guntersville

3. 10IbsBass

10IbsBass New Member

State:
    AL
    go to whnt.com and type in shark on the site search. Its the first few articles that come up.:wink:

4. SLIM80

SLIM80 New Member

State:
    alabama
    average about 1 a year stingray and flounder not uncommon this time of year to catch quarter size flounder in cast net

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just couht a sting ring at the 3.6 marker on the Alabama a couple weeks ago 19" wings cougat on a live jumbo shiner

6. Rtpcat

Rtpcat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    There are guys catching crabs on the lower Tombigbee river this year, I have caught flounder all the way up the Alabama to h-84. not this year but in the past.