Catching catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by grillking, Sep 25, 2007.

1. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    been hitting standing bear lake on 132nd and fort. so far been pretty good. been using chicken livers. bigger ones are 3 and 5 pounders. everyone says there is no fish. i've been doing really good.:0a23:

2. chevyjames37

chevyjames37 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We have been fishing the tri-county canal and some sand pits here in central Nebraska, havnt had much luck besides a few carp. Hope our luck gets better this weekend!!

3. Boedonvito

Boedonvito New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I had a run in with some carp while fishing those cannals as well above the Johnson's Lake inlet. Guess I cant complain about my luck I ended up landing my first cat on a chicken liver early this month before that I realy was sceptacle about using them and all. If you get a chance try usein frogs or even toads they seem to be even hotter then livers from what I experienced. You guys ever try chumming up an area with cattle feed, sour mash or cat/dog food?

4. Manolo56

Manolo56 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just waded the Elkhorn through Yellow Banks WMA using of all things the last of the grasshoppers I could find in what is left of my garden. 20+ cats, nothing over 3 lbs. but the most fun I've had all year. I love the Fall.

Monte

5. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    congrats on the stringer. Any time you can catch 20 plus cats is a fun day. Where on the Elkhorn were you fishing?

6. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    yall need to jump on the mighty mo. and catch some real cats. :wink:

just kiddin

7. cat_hounds

cat_hounds New Member

State:
    nebraska
    yeah junky why don't ya catch some real cats out there i caught them up to 90# @ n.c.

8. shkt

shkt New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Just need 2 more.

9. shkt

shkt New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Just one more.....I done...

10. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i've caught them to 200 pounds but i didn't have a camera. i dont care!!

11. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i no u catch alot of bigguns, i'm jus tryin to get some attention on the river.

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i only use chicken livers at farm ponds anymore.. i found out that bluegill or goldfish or something like that work much better for rivers or big water, bigger bait, bigger fish