catching blue cats

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by catking63, Jan 27, 2008.

1. catking63

catking63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i've been a flathead fisherman for about 15 years now, rod and reel only. I'm thinking i'd like to try bluecats this year. I fish the white river in southern indiana and would appreciate any tips and secrets I could get. Thankyou.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i dont know a thing about the white river but if you want to make a trip to evansville sometime we can make a run on the ohio and try to get you a blue...

3. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Hi Rex and welcome to the BOC. I fish the White River alot and there is a lot of nice blue cats if you know where to look. Concentrate on deep holes in outside bends that are close to structure. Anytime that you would like to go, just shoot me a PM. What area of the White are we talking about?

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Rex, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC Rex...from Western Kentucky

6. MikeonWabash

MikeonWabash New Member

State:
    Grayville, Illinois
    I've fished the White River a few times and I've fished the Wabash for 15+ years, and have caught channels, flatheads and blues, but for numbers of good blues, go to the Ohio River. It's hard to beat for blues.

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    the ohio has definitely proved itself for big blues and numbers at that ... ive caught some nice ones ... thanks to BigA. he put me on some of them and ive just been lucky in catching the others ... god knows ive put in some time in fishing.

welcome to the B. O. C. youll find alot of useful info. and very lil not so useful info on here.

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    blues are a lot of fun they hit hard and run:wink:

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Rex,
    Welcome to the BOC. To catch blues, you need to use fresh cut shad, skips and bluegill. Also can be used live as well, but ive had my best luck with cut bait. Try outside bends, structure areas and drop offs and ledges. These kind of spots usually produce nice blues. Also the more current the better, within reason. This time of year blues will school up in the deep eddie holes, if you can find where they are, there will probably be several. rspd507

10. captain kirko

captain kirko New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Has anyone taken any blue or flat tops from the mighty Wabash River the past month?

If so, could you share location, time and bait tricks with.
    :cool2:

11. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i went last weekend up at clinton took the boat and went south of the ramp i used sut bait shad and caught a couple of 5 to 6 lb blues up there and a couple of flattys about the same size

12. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    anyone catching anything out of the ohio lately since its not out of the banks anymore.

13. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    well its nice to see you on here tanner! and rex maybe we can catch a few this year they like cut bait