catching blue catfish in Virgina

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by bigtimingcats69, Mar 8, 2006.

1. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    anybody have any secrets or tips on catching blues. not much of a blue catfishin man but i know how to catch flatheads. do most of my fishing in the dan river in danville virginia.

2. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Does the Dan hold blues? If so look for them in deep water wintering holes right now. Look for any kind of current break (hump, rock, ledge, etc...) Try to mark baitfish or individual fish on your depth finder. Use fresh cut bait.

/Scott

3. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    big I fish the dan river to after the strippers run up to spawn the blues are right behind them. When you go give me yell. I'm in callands

4. bigtimingcats69

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    just lookin for any people who fish the dan river in danville. I fish near the new bridge across from the dan river fabrics plant

5. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    I work on Kentuck Road across from the airport. Let's meet one Friday after work and fish awhile.I get off at 2 pm.
    GT

6. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I cant go past Dan Daniel Park. From there down to 58 bridge is were I fish at when the Dogwoods are blooming :cool:

7. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    i fish the dan from anglers park to milton......plentl of blues in the river but i think it is a better flat head fishery.........for the blues i use any fresh cutbait and put jacks garlic juice in it..........also plenty of channel cats in there also........mack

8. bigtimingcats69

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    Anyone Gonna Be Fishing Philpott Tonight Im Hanging Around Union Tonight!!!!!!!!!

9. bigtimingcats69

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    how do u get ratings im new here dont understand. Anybody know anything about carp fishing?

10. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Bigtimecats 69, I live in martinsville va, what areas around philpott do you have any luck at, would like to try there one night, no boat yet but hoping to get me a good jon boat in the the next month or so, any good bank fishing spots up there for channels and blues? any help will be appreciated.

wheelmobile07