Catching bait??

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by lamudslinger76, Jan 21, 2007.

1. lamudslinger76

lamudslinger76 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Do any of ya'll use some type of trap to catch shad or small perch for baiting lines? If so, I'd like some help on making one. Thanks.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i use a cast net to catch most of my bait you can get them at Wal Mart for around 20 bucks and theres a bunch of posts in the library if you need help learning to throw one

3. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Look in the BOC library and go to Sam's bluegill trap and make one of those and they work great! I have a couple of traps similar to his and you cant beat that type of trap for gills and pond perch, and it will also catch bullheads.

4. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    use cast net, you have to learn how to throw this net first, then you will be fine and ready to catch them!

5. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    yup...cast net is much faster...but setting perch traps is easy because you just bait them up and leave em. im not aware of anyone catching shad in a trap though

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Well u use a castnet, to catch shad.

7. lamudslinger76

lamudslinger76 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Went and bought me a cast net this morning and heading out this afternoon to set a couple of lines. Thanks for the info. When I have more time, I'll try to make some of those traps. Thanks ya'll.