Catching Bait On Moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tennessee blues, Jan 16, 2009.

1. tennessee blues

tennessee blues New Member

State:
    Fort Bragg, North Carolina
    Hey guys need some quick advice.....BrianD and Cajun Kicker are down there trying to catch some bait for the rest of us who will roll in tonight and tomorrow for a frigid weekend on the water. Due to the wind and waves they are having trouble locating the bait. Do any of you have any suggestions on where they should try? They are at Short Stay.

Last resort is buying bait but there is no fun in that.

Thanks,
    Shayne

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Shayne I am a bait buyer so I can tell you that there should be plenty of white perch that can be caught fishing on the bottom near the rocks. Also after dark the lights on shortstay peir will be good to maybe throw a cast net at. If yall have a bait permit you can also catch herring right at dark and right at daylight at the locks. I hope this helps. I know its aggrevating trying to gather up bait on that end of the lake especially when the wind is howlling. Good luck to yall.

3. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am on the way down now I can be reached on my cell
    864 561 5090
    Jim

4. tennessee blues

State:
    Thanks for the info-I'll phone it in to my crew so they can chip the ice off the pontoons and get ready for sunset.

Shayne

5. tennessee blues

State:
    Thanks Jim, we'll give you a call to see what is working and what isn't. I sent them up to Hills to buy some just in case we strike out. As of a few minutes ago both Canal Lakes and Hills have shad. Are you staying at Short Stay? Thanks again.

Shayne

6. catmandosimpsonville

State:
    South Carolina
    Putting in a atkins we stay on the cahal what vhf channel do you use?

7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Billsc and I are going to be fishing Moultrie on Monday so I hope ya'll do well and give a good report. It's a great time for setting new PB's.:wink:

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    channel 69 works for most folks down there.

9. catmandosimpsonville

State:
    South Carolina
    U gonna be at Santee this weekend?