Catching bait in January

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by RiverKat, Jan 10, 2007.

1. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I tried something I have never attempted before today. I went to my favorite Spring/Summer bait collecting stream and tried to catch a bucket of bait for tommorows fishing trip. Not a chub,shiner, or any other living creature did I see. Guess the water gets a little too cold in that stream this time of year. Maybe last week would have been different. Guess I'll have to buy bait in the morning. Going to Hardy Dam to try for some Perch and probably set out a big minnow for a Northern or whatever else wanders through.

Dan

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Good luck, Dan. Let us know how ya do.

I still havent been out since late October on public waters and late november on family ponds... Why does life get so busy so often?

-Sal

3. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    This from a guy with no kids.... HA! You just wait, my friend, you just wait!

Soccer practice, soccer game, band concert, choir concert, Christmas program, help with homework, Boy Scouts, youth group, etc etc etc etc

It's all worth it, though, and it makes the fishing time just that much sweeter.

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    LOL- That is cause Im repaying (with my time and hard work) all the rides to practice and all the lunch money I took from my parents when I was a kid. Occasionally Elena and I spend time "practicing" for the day we will try to have kids... but that "practice" isnt an area I'd like to discuss with anyone but Elena, and it surely doesnt take a whole weekend to perform. LOL

My parents and grandparents take up all my time now, and I dont see how theyre much diffrent from kids, except I cant ground em or beat sense into em when they throw tantrums.
    :big_smile: :wink:
    ROTFL

5. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    And life goes on!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dan go buy that bait and catch some good cats. Keep us up to date on how you did.:go: :lol:

7. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    good luck dan...

8. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Fishing was tough today. Never boated a fish but had a great time, and enjoyed a cold but nice day on the water. I don't remember ever being in a boat when there was some ice on the lake. Kind of different.

Come on Spring !!!!

Dan