Catching Bait at the Arkansas River.

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Big Sam, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well it was almost an arkansas BOC reunion at the barling dam yesterday. I ran into Baitboat he just happened to have a "FEW" pictures of big cats he's been catching to show me. Then here comes 777 with his lucky skip pole in tote. while we were all talking here comes bobberman and 9736 something like that:haha: Any way it was good to see everyone and shoot the breeze a little bit. I think 777 had the strongfest breeze going:crazy: Any way the shad and the skips were not cooperating at all the water levels dropped 6-8ft in one night:tounge_out: matter fact the folks on the bank were not catching sandbass or the folks snagging were empty-handed also.

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Our rivers have dropped too. Its hard to believe all the rain we have gotten and the rivers are below normal again. Its been hard to find shad here too.

3. ratred

ratred New Member

State:
    mississippi
    I have had a hard time finding shad here also. Hopefully when the water level gets up some the shad will be easier to find.

4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma

I heard that we had a massive shad kill this year. A guy I work with lives on Grand Lake and said that dead shad was floating all over in the coves.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Thank God for the Hot water outlet! It was a hard go this year,but Shep,Mac.and I managed to catch some skips that I have in my bait freezer. No shad, but plenty of skips[hopefully]. My good buddy Shep says he can catch some shad. I sure hope he can.