catching any around Mud Creek?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by kfire01, Apr 5, 2008.

1. kfire01

kfire01 New Member

State:
    texas
    I am new to the board, and was wondering if anyone has been fishing around Mud Creek, (Leon, Courtney, Rubottom), and had any luck lately. I live in Lubbock, but grew up in this area, and was planning on going fishing soon.

2. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I've had a few good trips down on the creek by Courtney. When that first good rain came I slayed them. I was fishing about a mile upstream from where the creek flows into the Red River. Biggest one was about 35 lbs on a rod and reel. I finally had to leave cause it was almost more than I could eat... well, not really cause I could live off catfish, but it was as much as I wanted to clean! Been using live perch for bait mostly. Now that the creek has gone down I've only been back a time or two and still caught a few, but nothing like when the water was rising.

3. kfire01

kfire01 New Member

State:
    texas
    I hear you about living off cats! Sounds like you were fishing close to my folks place. They live about 2 miles west of the bridge, on the Texas side. I live in Lubbock, and can't get back home enough. Hope we get enough water this year. Good luck.