Catching a fishing rod

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by thomcat, Aug 10, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    just wonderin if anyone ever was ever out fishin and caught a fishin rod, or a fishin rod with a fish on it

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    You'd know if I have! Wish someone would "catch" my Fenwick that I lost! LOL! I read a few post on this. One guy reeled in his buddies rod with a fish on it not too long ago!

3. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    ill tell u though if i catch it ill give it to u for x-mas

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I was fishing a lake and didn't know my cousin had fished it the night before and i hooked a line in the water. I pulled on the line and it just kept coming and coming and coming, finally it got heavier and I pulled up a rod and reel, I said that looks like bill's pole to his brother. It turned out to be his pole that had been pulled out of his boat the night before, alas no fish on it though. IT was an expensive outfit, ABUreel and boron rod.I returned it and we laughed about it, I should have ransomed it lol.

5. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    I caught a cheap Walmart pole one time when I was fishing in a local pond.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Little brothers favoriate rod.......

Picture it, last year, on top of the Spill way at Deer Creek. I cast out Andys pole (10 ft rod and Abu Garcia reel). I usually just lean it against the fence but had a dummy attack. (Not my first one I have ever had either, LMAO) I decide to put the rod in the fence holes. Well, not a bright idea. I also forget to set the drag. Not a bright idea. LMAO

2 minutes after casting it out, I see it bend in the fence and shoot strait down over the high wall. His favoriate combo is gone. :sad2: I feel like poop for sure.

About 2 hours later he is reeling in his other pole and snags the line somehow. It was a 1 in a million shot and I sure felt better about it. I have not, but my brother did!!

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Caught an 11 ft crappie pole and tiny Zeco spincast reel, but I lost a Sedona Sahara 75 on a 7.6' Microlite rod in the same area. Would rather have my rig back, I'd give the lake goddess the crappie rig back in exchange.

8. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Me and my buddies were doin some heavy drinkin one night and one thought it was pretty important to be talking to his girl on the phone when Im yelling at him to grab my pole because hes borrowing mine and then it shoots into the lake and then i get all the im sorry man Ill buy you new pole man. So I started dragging the lake and about when i was ready to give up I hooked into the line and brought it in and it had about an 8# channel on it but it was hung up in a tree and I ended up cutting the line. at least I was smart enough to give him my cheap pole.

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Three lessons, choose your friends wisely, don't drink and fish, and don't lend a pole to irresponsible parties.

10. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I haven't caught a R & R yet, but I did snag about 30 feet of line and there was a nice Bass hooked to it.

Ken

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I did just that Sunday morning. A guy down at the lake had a big hit and the catfished pull the rod right over the railing. Luck for him it hit the water just behind my slip bobber rig I had out for crappie and wrapped up in the rig. I reeled in the pole and he got the fish, 8 pounds 10 oz. channel

12. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Caught one in my cast net a couple of months ago but it had been down there a while and was rusted.

13. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've never done it , but I guess that it is always possible. Who nkows what is at the bottom of the river.

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I didn't catch mine but I caught one on Lake Conway. It wasn't far from the end of a pier and there were some more rods laying on it and I figured it belonged to them so I just put it up there with the others.

ST

15. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Believe it or not....I HAVE! It was my own though. Short story....early this year in Feb. I was night stalking crappie when I saw a slight bend in a ultralite rod so I lifted it out of the rod holder to set the hook. Like a big dummy I only grabbed the rod by my finger tips and right before I was gonna hang that hook the fish took a run taking the rod right out of my fingertips. Well, no trebbles or anything (and I do mean ANYTHING) I just slid the splitshot weight right down on the hook and casted right out in front of me and luckily snagged the handle of the rod on the second cast. Got the rod and reel in the boat and then reeled the fish in. I would have never guessed. I was anchored in 30 feet of water on a steep drop off too.

16. ccfields

ccfields New Member

State:
    Va
    I've never hung a Rod but i have cought a buddy or two.

17. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've caught two. One was an old walmart special that had been in the river awhile. The other was my wifes. She gets too busy talking to watch her pole sometimes. :big_smile:

18. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm happy to say that i have never lost a rod:cool2::cool2:

But I caught a 1 or 2 kiddie combos!

Josh

19. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey guys I lost a ultra light fishing for carp the other day. bang gone. If anyone has seen it i would be happy to have it back LOL