Catchin Flathead catfish in lakes and reservoirs

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by capt of the Floater, Jul 30, 2009.

1. capt of the Floater

capt of the Floater New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Need help some tips or places and things to do in lakes/reservoirs got a 3 lber out of hoover a 9.9 restricted lake. was aware that they were in there but not being caught. I guess I was in the right place at the right time. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    If you caught one there then they'll be some bigger ones lerking. Use some good live blue gills is a start.

3. capt of the Floater

capt of the Floater New Member

State:
    Ohio
    do you fish rivers or lakes more for flatties? what would you target in lakes? I usually fish rivers for them.

4. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    hey Tim,

i always fish lakes with my uncle, using live bait we have a caught more Flats in rivers and reservoirs then lakes, he usually targets big blues and channels in the lake areas. we always look for fast flowing water and then a spot where the water slows down on a river and we fish between the two or ahead an let it drift down, cats are lazy and they will much rather wait for food to come to them. goodluck bro:wink:

5. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've been catching some flats out of C.C. lake. Find some trees laying in the water especially if close to some deeper water. The more the better, put some lively bluegills very close to the log and wait. You should see some action.

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    If you are asking on where to find them in lakes Try fishing points or anywhere the creek channel flows close to the bank. In lakes this seems to be the best spots. They use the channel to move around then come out into the shallows to feed.