Catchin' Chubs

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by LiveWire, Oct 24, 2007.

1. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Where's the best place to find chubs and the easiest way to catch them?

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    minnow trap in slow moving water around grass or moss. Or just toss a cast net there.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    minnow trap is the easiest way. put some bread or corn in there and they will be all over it. you can try to catch them with rod and reel. just use a very small hook and pinch some bread on it.

4. LBCatter

LBCatter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    hey man most small to medium size creeks have plenty of them. i go back to a creek and use whats called a trout magnet its a small rubber body jig, use a strike indicater too(small bobber works). set it a so the jig is near the bottom and wade to find some of the deeper holes I have caught them up to almost 17 inch,great bait alive or cut, good luck

Dave

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nate, I look for bridges on gravel roads. There will usually be a deep hole on one side. Deep being from two foot to four foot or so. I even cast back under the bridge in one to two foot. Use an ultralight system with a 6/0 hook with about an inch of night crawler. I keep the eighth ounce split shot about ten inches up from the hook. You can catch small to large ones using this set up. Cast to different spots and let your line drop to the bottom then keep a very close watch on the line. When you see it start to move side ways set the hook. Sometimes they will hit it on the drop or just after you pick it up and start reeling in. Guard your bait holes and don't fish them out. Throw back the smaller ones and only take what you reasonably think you will use.:wink::cool2:

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ive always caught them with a cast net finding the deeper pools in a creek. Also have caught them on a pole using corn. Good luck.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i catchum the same places as jack county bridges. only i use a canepole heavy line and a tiny aberdine hook. i put the split shot on bottom and the hook up about 2 in. baited with beemoth or gulp earth worms. jig around the eddies , rocks and logs.

8. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I catch them in the creeks around here on a little pole with a #8 hook little split shot and a little bobber. i use wax worms seems to work great for me. I also catch them out of the river in the cast net