Catch Today Jan 5, 2009

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by RetiredToFish, Jan 5, 2009.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I really thought last night would have been a kick butt night for catching, but it was only fair .... I did get 2 female mink and one rat and had 2 coon pull-outs and one that got hung in some drift wood and sprung a jaw out of the 1.5 LS and got away ... I was lucky enough to find the jaw so a repair job is in order for it. The beaver were active, but completly avoided my sets. Well tonight is another night and tomorrow another day ... so will see what happens then ........ Garry-

Attached Files:

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio

At least you are still catching stuff. My sets have not produced nothing in a couple of weeks, but one male Mink Tuesday. I pulled all my stuff yesterday and going to call it quits for this season. I had a good season, not near as many furs as the past two but I had several first time catches of Beaver, Mink, and Gray Fox so over all I'm happy. Good luck to the rest of you!

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    After my 51 pound beaver yesterday ... I am happy ... going to be pulling a bunch of what is left out there today ... they are calling for 4 to * inches of snow for tonight and tomorrow ... and won't be able to get back into some of my traps ........ Garry-

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    soon as the new year came around i gave up. aint catching what i expected so i didnt even buy another lisence:confused2: