Catch that record...

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by greggofish, Mar 15, 2007.

1. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    Channel catfish......

Now is your chance to say you caught a record Channel Cat. The Commission just lowered the weight to 10 pounds. They are relatively easy to catch in a lot of places. A 10 pounder won't hold the record long but will get you a state record if only temporarily.........

Jordan Lake in the Spring up in the Haw River section is a great bet. Several from 10-13 or so pounds taken every year that I see. You just have to wade through 15,000 small White Cats.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Damn it! Caught a 12 pounder last year and released it!!! :crazy:

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    guys do any of you think the state record white cat looks like a channel cat? it just dont look like a a white cat that i have ever seen from badin or tillery. looks more like a spawning channel to me. i dont know how to link it but its under the ncwrc. they have a picture listed. i think it was 13lbs might be why i havent seen one. what do you think?

4. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Heck, I released half a dozen over ten pounds last year with my biggest being just over 15.

5. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    So did I I had at least 4 that tipped the scale at over 11 lbs. It won't stay 10 lbs for long ill get that bad boy either this weekend or next.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Honestly, I think dropping it to 10 pounds is too low. 15 would have been a better number. I think 10 pounds will be hit easily, and 11, and 12, but the 13-15 pounders are a little more scarce.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    LOL You still stand a good chance since you fish Wylie so much.

8. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    same here, my pb is 15 caught last year! the lake i live and fish near is only populated with channels, every cat is either a channel or bullhead.

9. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Those are some big channel cats yall are talking about. What NC lakes are yall fishing for them?