Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,338 Posts
Hey Vern,
Welcome back.!
I was just wondering about you the other day and if you were still fishing.
Watcha been up to?

…W

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Vern,
Welcome back.!
I was just wondering about you the other day and if you were still fishing.
Watcha been up to?

…W
Metalman, I am doing great man. Been fishing alot. The bigger fish are more elusive here now than when you used to come fish with me. We still manage a good fish once in a while at markland dam. You will have to come down and fish with me sometime. I got a new 2070 jon boat back in 17 so I have a little better gear than before. Vern

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it is not 2022 yet but I figure I will get an early start. I got out today for a few hours. I had a terrible time getting bait and after about 50 throws of cast net I had 10 small shad. I had to fish a little farther down river than expected to get out of the wind. The fish bit well and I landed 7 blues between 4 and 6 pounds. I also had a vicious take down and snapped the leader on the hook set. I would have liked to have seen that one, but if you caught them all there wouldn't be any left. Tight lines and God bless. Vern

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,338 Posts
Vern,
Seems like Catch of the Day is picking up right where it left off.
Those that get away are what keeps us coming back eh? It’s good to know there are still a few line breakers swimming around.
I hear you on the bait thing. We had a tough time finding it when we were on the river last month. Used to be there was always enough in a few reliable spots but not any more.
Glad things are good with you and belated congrats on the new boat. Hard to believe it’s been so long since I was down your way.

…W

1 - 5 of 5 Posts