Catch of the Day Thread 2009 Edition

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by vlparrish, Jan 2, 2009.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    January 2, 2009 Winston came down from Indy and met me at the ramp this AM. We headed for the bait hole around 9:30 and had no trouble getting hundreds of shad, mostly small with a few decent ones mixed in. Then we setup in an outside bend and started catching cats. We caught fish steady all day till dark at several different anchor sets. Winding the day up with an 18 or 19 fish total. The biggest was a 30 pounder and a 21 with the rest falling in lower than that. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure. Vern

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way to start off the New Year Vern and Winston! :cool2: Nice pics! :big_smile:

3. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    sounds like a great trip.....thanks for the pics....:wink:

4. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Congrats guys,
    Very nice catch with a couple of nice size. Ross

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Thank you Vern for showing me some of the neighborhood. I had a great time.
    For those of you who may not know, Vern is a great guy and a fishing machine!!
    ...W

6. bigcatkev

bigcatkev Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey vern nice to see you guys on the river today hope you guys done well. metal mans boat was really nice.

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats fella's on a fine catch. A fine day fishing indeed.

8. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Congrats guys nice fish sounds like a good day!!!:wink:

9. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    those are some nice catfish looking for some big ones here in west virginia . anyone here know of any good catfishing spots in west virginia? looking to get out on the water soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Nice fishing, Vern!

11. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Nothing wrong here, Vern Nice way to kick off 2009:smile2:

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like you all had a great time. Got to fish with another BOC member which is great in itself.And then you had to go and catch fish (nice fish )on top of it. Thank you for sharing your day with us and some great pictures.

13. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Chuck Young and I hit the river today for a bit of catting. We had good luck at the bait hole getting about 4 dozen shad in the 6 inch range. With heavy rains overnight and the river already high and on a hard rise, we fished along the banks and in eddy holes. We landed 5 blues throughout the day with 4 of em coming at the last hole we fished. Chuck got the catch of the day with a blue in the 30 pound range. Here is a pic for your viewing pleasure. Vern

Attached Files:

14. bigcatkev

bigcatkev Member

State:
    indiana
    nice job vern glad to hear you guys caught something. Be careful out there buddy.

15. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Vern thats a nice start for the year.

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great job Vern and Chuck! :big_smile: You guys are hardcore! Thanks for the pics! :cool2:

17. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Ross and I hit the river at 10AM with a balmy 30 degree air temperature. We proceeded to the bait hole and in two casts had 4 dozen 6 inch shad. We setup in the first hole and landed a eater size blue and a 6 pound flathead. Then we moved to a less breezy location and landed a small channel. Then we proceeded down the Ohio to the mouth of a feeder to fish it's eddy hole. On the run downriver in 5 and 6 foot whitecaps we had a heck of a ride. The waves would bust off the bow of Ross's boat and water was hitting me in the face, by the time the blasted water reached Ross a few feet behind me it was ice lol . We got setup in the eddy and immediately started getting bit, we missed a few runs and ended the day with two fish from that hole in the last half an hour, a small flathead and the catch of the day a 35 pound blue. Here is a pic for your vieweing pleasure. Vern

Attached Files:

18. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Looks cold! Nice fish Vern.

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice Blue Cat Vern! :cool2: You look like a ice fisherman in the pics! :wink: :0a18:

20. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    :eek:oooh:Vern, Nice fishing you getting into Bro,Brrrrr Cool huh! lol.,The next time metalman comes down give a shout and I'll try to hook up with and catch some fish..If you have enough room:wink: I'd would love to get out on the river and do some different type of fishing other than the banks>

Reps to you guys for the baring the cold in search of the catfish COOL.Kenny