Catch and release deer hunting

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Arkansascatman777, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Seems there have been a lot of posts about catch and release lately and it never fails that some yahoo jumps on there and starts comparing it to deer hunting, saying well you can't catch and release a deer and gos on and on and on about it :crazy:.
    Well I think i've come up with a way to do this. We will all polish up our guns and put them up for good and go out and buy some dart guns so we can start tranqualizing the deer. It will need to be a pretty potent tranqualizer so the deer will go down in short order and be down awhile because we all know that anyone that makes these types of comparisons would never be able to locate a deer that run out of their sight :wink:. Then you could hold their head up and take pictures before giving them a shot to bring them back around.
    Now we would have to have some rules and guidelines on when it would be O.K. to go ahead and keep said deer.
    1.Say the deer ran after being darted and run into a tree snapping his/her neck then you could keep the deer.

You may add more regulations HERE.

O.K. whos with me, I think we should start a petition so we can impliment catch and release into deer hunting :wink::smile2:.

Sorry it's raining and I'm bored!

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    What are you going to do with all of the tranquilized addicted deer that start hanging around your house needing a fix.:smile2::roll_eyes:

4. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
  5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i could do that, but i am pretty sure my dart would have too much tranquilizer and the deer would stop breathing and suffocate...so in the freezer he goes:wink::smile2:

don't tell wylie i said that, whatever you do:smile2::smile2:

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yeah, at MY house!!!:smile2:

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    lmao instead of bow season it would be sling shot season or lasso season ..have to subdie the deer with a hand held dart..that would be great for all the Ted Nugent wannabes that have to see the whites of their eyes before they shoot..or what is it the Noooge says.."I could see his soul looking into mine as my arrow sped into his heart at 144 mph, and in this heavenly setting i trapped his aura in my locket.."

instead of that we would have " uh well...he has my rope now so...uh....."

8. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Ok What about taking a camera to the deer stand. If by chance ya know you are not going to shoot but the gun down and snap a shot of the deer ya didn't put in the freeser. Seems to me way easier than getting rid of a drug addicted sexually advanced buck.LOL

9. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    But what if he swallows the hook/er, I mean dart?

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    then he is dinner:smile2:

11. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I have been paintballing with my son and one day a fellow gave me some pretty pink paint, My son shot our white shed, This was two years ago and it is still there, so here is my take use a paint ball gun, that deer is dead, you can shoot as many as you like and marking them will also work out as keeping track of the number of deer you "killed" marked deer can not be remarked, I did squirrel hunting with my paint ball gun last year it was fun as heck

12. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I cant catch and release deer! I like eating them!:wink::smile2:

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    LOL.
    I don’t want my fish in polluted waters and I don’t want my meat full of drugs.

I know when to hold up, know when to fold up.

I aint giving up my catching fish and eating them and my shooting a deer and eat it. i bought me an extra freezer just for that.

I do let some go and some walk.

I like tender meat and eating size fish. Old buck and an old fat catfish laying on bottom full of [FONT=&quot]chemicals[/FONT] , I don’t want.

I’m glad I live in texas when it comes to fishing and hunting.
    my only problem is, finding a place to hunt. I got plenty of fishing places.

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks for all the comments, glad to see at least some still have a sense of humor and don't take themselves too seriously :cool2:.

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    gave up deer hunting couple years ago but i still fill my freezer.i just keep my eyes open and watch close while im on the way to my fishing hole.i always get 3 or 4 road kills this way and i dont have to worry bout tenderizeing them.

16. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ive ran over more than ive shot

17. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    When anyone in our bunch misses a deer they always claim the were practicing catch and release.:smile2:

18. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Good one Buck. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    It works pretty well. You can take the moral high ground and nobody can prove you're lying.:wink:

20. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have an idea for the folks that want to catch and release deer. Get a long rope and learn to throw a lasso. Tie one end to your waist and make a lasso on the other end. Put some grain or other bait our and hide out waiting on them. When they come in simply lasso one and then let it go after pic's. LOL, have your buddy ready with the camera too ! :smile2: