catch and grease or catch and release

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by BIG_D, Jul 13, 2008.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :006: I have alwas ben a catch and release person i dont have a thing agenst any 1 that keeps thear fish so dont think i do i do admit im week when it comes to trout man thay taste good but 99.9% of my fish go back just wonderring how many feel as i do so do you catch and grease or catch and release

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not afraid to say that I send a good portion to the grease! I also release. Guess it just depends on the fish/body of water/situation.

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    in the pan, Everything else swims to live another day.

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just throw mine up on the banks. I'm quite fond of racoons, and I like to make sure they eat good..
    :big_smile:

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    over 10 pounds please release, under 10 pounds heat the grease. (but i dont always hold true to that):wink:

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    git that grease hot, I fish for the freezer mostly, but I don't keep any over 20lbs. Later Andy

7. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    not only do i, but most of my family loves catfish. so i catch lots and give alot away. but i do throw anything 30lbs and over back......sometimes:wink:

8. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    With the price of food these days, most come back to the freezer to fry another day.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i hear ya.

ive put 130 bluegills in the freezor this week.

most of mine come home for food. after i dont have room for any more i release. but with gas now. when im full. im done fishing. i cannot afford recreational fishing now.:angry:

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    you all have some good points about price of food lol me and my girl whent tonight and she was on me to start keeping some she loves catfish and i do to so i may just break down and start freezing some thanks all for the input

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Did you know that a 10 pound flathead can feed a family of raccoon for a week? Please find it in your heart to help make a little ones life, just a little bit better. They will thank you for it.......

Attached Files:

12. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    I CPR (Catch, Photo, Release) all the time. But there are times I want to take a couple home, but don't.

13. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I CPR all my cats and anything else I catch!! I will keep 6 or 8 Crappie 1 or 2 times a year but that is it.:big_smile:

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    except for the bass you use for bait though right,lmao.:eek:oooh:

15. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Fishing & hunting (okay for me....hunting not as much) are fun, recreational activities that feed our family. Have a niece that is very hesitant to eat at our house because she will not eat "wild" silly, I know
    If a main entree is served at our house it has come from outdoors not the supermarket 9 out of 10 times.

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i eat quiet a few fish of all species.flats over 10 lbs go home to fight another day but bass,gills,waleye and small flats and channels git released in lake crisco.

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    There is nothing quite like the taste of fresh catfish...........anyway you want to cook it

18. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am not going to fish and releasefish and anyone wanting to eat it. That is why I fish I cant drag a boat around and turn all the fish I fill the freezerthen release. I love the taste of fish.thanks sam davis

19. catchandfillet

catchandfillet New Member

State:
    mo
    release in the grease. in missouri I have 3 great places of water to fish for cats the missouri river,truman lake,and lake of the ozarks. I eat fish usually 2 times a week and give family and friends fish also. our rivers and lakes full of catfish !!!!:big_smile:

20. mattoonboy4

mattoonboy4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i agree with catch and release and practice it as long as i have a full freezer, but if the freezer isnt full then i'm keepin whatever unlucky flatty swallows my hook...