Catch a Pike....Win a Musky!!!

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by Flatheadhunter33, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im not sure how old or valid this is but a buddy of mine sent it to me via email. Appearantly the guy in the pics hooked a pike and as he was reeling it in, a 56" musky nailed it! The guy netted them both .

the musky is said to be a new Canada record...56"/55lbs. Talk about good fishing luck!

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    cool pics of a cool fish

3. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    That actually happened in Europe. Been going around the net for a couple years.

4. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina

I've seen those photos probably a dozen times and each time it's been caught somewhere else, so I have no idea where it was actually caught. One problem, the big one's not a musky, it too is another pike. If it had been caught in most of the places the stateside stories put it, it wouldn't qualify as a world record because he would have technically caught it on a pike, which would have been illegal bait.

5. pikehunter

pikehunter New Member

State:
    north dakota
    great pics of a great pike. Just to bad this monster was cought in I beleave the Netherlands. and unfotunetley not taking a bight ought of a smaller pike like in the pic. hear is link to a portion of the actual storey that was posted in pike angler club of great britan in I Beleave 2007.http://www.pacgb.co.uk/articles/blomedit.htm

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    why would it be illegal? you can use pike for bait, at least you can in indiana.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that big one is a pike. they have huge appetites though. i remember seeing a picture of a big pike with another pike stuck in its mouth, and they both died. cool pics, thanks for sharing.

8. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Boy what a rush that would have been to see that right in front of you!!!!

9. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    that is a amazing picture it is hard to believe a lucky man

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Man that Musky stole the Pike.

11. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice looking pics thanks for sharing them

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    The big fish is definatley a pike, muskie don't have the pronounced spots like a pike and are somewhat more gold in color...