Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure how old or valid this is but a buddy of mine sent it to me via email. Appearantly the guy in the pics hooked a pike and as he was reeling it in, a 56" musky nailed it! The guy netted them both .

the musky is said to be a new Canada record...56"/55lbs. Talk about good fishing luck!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Im not sure how old or valid this is but a buddy of mine sent it to me via email. Appearantly the guy in the pics hooked a pike and as he was reeling it in, a 56" musky nailed it! The guy netted them both .

the musky is said to be a new Canada record...56"/55lbs. Talk about good fishing luck!

I've seen those photos probably a dozen times and each time it's been caught somewhere else, so I have no idea where it was actually caught. One problem, the big one's not a musky, it too is another pike. If it had been caught in most of the places the stateside stories put it, it wouldn't qualify as a world record because he would have technically caught it on a pike, which would have been illegal bait.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I've seen those photos probably a dozen times and each time it's been caught somewhere else, so I have no idea where it was actually caught. One problem, the big one's not a musky, it too is another pike. If it had been caught in most of the places the stateside stories put it, it wouldn't qualify as a world record because he would have technically caught it on a pike, which would have been illegal bait.
why would it be illegal? you can use pike for bait, at least you can in indiana.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
that big one is a pike. they have huge appetites though. i remember seeing a picture of a big pike with another pike stuck in its mouth, and they both died. cool pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
167 Posts

that is a amazing picture it is hard to believe a lucky man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.