Catawba worms

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by eufaulacat, Jul 2, 2009.

1. eufaulacat

eufaulacat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Has anyone seen any catawba worms this uear????I have found less this year than ever???any ideas as to why???

2. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    i havent seen any yet but i havent went lookin either...keep on castin folks

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    They are not out in Okla. Most of the trees we did get them off of have been cut down. There is one down the road I check and there is not even any lilltle ones.

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    [youtubevid]XrVpnuaiVqw[/youtubevid]

Here's a cool video on Catawba worms for Catfishing!! enjoy!!

5. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I would be surprised if we have worms in most areas Alabama this year.
    I think the droughts of the last few years have taken a toll on the catawba
    worms for a few years.

6. chad69dart

chad69dart New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have seen quite a few. There is old boy down here that raises the trees and fishes only with Catawba worms He had more that he could use or freeze back the in Mid April. He catches everything from bream to channels on them.

Went up to Claiborne lock and dam about a month ago and couple hauled in a nice 25 pound Blue on them. I was fishing with big shad and didn't hit any thing but few white perch on minnows. Of course at the time the water was 2 ft over the damn.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Mark for sharing an excellent video on the Catalpa worm. This should answer a lot of forum questions, that are often asked. You cover it all.Reps.

8. eufaulacat

eufaulacat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I didn't realize this until a couple days ago..but my nephew had never seen one...just so happened we found a tree and got a few..he thought they were cool...the video was neat for someone that didn't know what they were or how to get them...