Catawba River report for CCC

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by waldorftbeagle, Sep 28, 2007.

1. waldorftbeagle

waldorftbeagle New Member

State:
    NC
    Well, I went out tonight for 4 hours, 7 until 11. Was using Shad, shrimp and crawlers. Big bait, medium bait and small bait.

I did not gte a nibble. As I was coming in a group came in on a Pontoon. They has been out about 12 hours. The only thing they caught was a 10 inch cat. They said they gave up on the big fish, they sounded pretty low.

ALl I can say is that maybe the water temp is too high, not sure but I think I am going to give in a few weeks until it cools off before I go again.

I was fishing near the Oxford dam in about 20 - 35 feet of water. The other guys has been further up river in shallower water.

Maybe some of you pros can lend an opinion

2. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    Daryel, were you on Lake Hickory in the Oxford Dam area?

3. waldorftbeagle

waldorftbeagle New Member

State:
    NC
    Yes, I was about 500 yards from the boat access near the dam. I could see the dam of course but was about 500-1000 yards up river of the dam. They were some guys bank fishing, and several boats out with me. No one caught anything big enough to consider "Non-bait" Bad evening is all I can say

4. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    Daryel, I had similar results Saturday afternoon. I just posted the details on the Lake Hickory Thread in the NC Lakes area. I started in Naked Creek which is the creek west of the landing at the dam. It sounds like where you were the day before.