Catawba Catfish Club 1-30-2010 Pre Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Jan 16, 2010.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Catawba Catfish Club will be getting the season started on Jan. 30th with the first tournament of the 2010 season.Its only 2 weeks away so we need to get the ball rolling on this one and see who all is planning on coming out and participating.Last years January Tournament had 27 boats entered if I remember correctly on a very very cold day.Hopefully this time we can equal that or surpass it.
    For those of you that are not aware of it yet,We are now officially a Cabelas King Kat qualifying tournament series,this means the top 2 finishing teams from each tourney will be one step closer to be eligible to fish the Cabelas King Kat Classic.
    We also have had a few rule changes that will take place this year,The main thing is that All Fish must be weighed in Alive,No Exceptions.Also the rod and reel limit has went from 12 to 8 per boat.There also is a few other minor adjustments.The schedule and rules can be found on our page here at USCA and we will also have copies at the tournament.You can also check out our website at www.catawbacatfishclub.com
    We look forward to seeing everyone again on the 30th.Hopefully the weather and the bite will cooperate and we can get the season off and running on a very high note.Jeff and I will be at Dutchman Creek around 5:00am to start signing folks up till 6:45 am.No one will be entered after 6:45 am,We have to get our boat in the water also and get Blast off started at 7:00 am sharp.So please arrive as promptly as possible to make it easier on everyone involved.Dutchman Creek also serves up some good breakfast,so that will also be available to all who wishes to have a bite to eat before beginning the day.
    We also are in the works right now to have Tee Shirts and Window Stickers for sale at the tournaments,The Tees will be $12 each and the Window Stickers will be $3.Include your size/number of shirts and stickers with your name and predictions if you know for sure you want one so we will make sure to have enough on the initial order.
    Alright yall roll out your names for attendance and predictions and lets get this season started off now with bang.See ya on the water in 2 weeks.

2. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I will get it started: 52lb big fish , 2 x-large shirts, and 2-stickers

3. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I forgot to put in my predictions,the bite has been slow this week but I think it will pick up some tourney week and the day of the tourney,I am gonna go with:
    79 lbs-3 Fish weigh in
    37 lb Big Fish

4. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    Ill take one sticker marty I won't be makin the tourny since ill be spendin my money fixin my boat trailer after yesterdays mishap but ill still make a prediction. 39 pound big fish 64 pounds total.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    We'll be there.

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Matt and I are planning to be there.

62lbs 32lbs big fish

1xl, 1xxl and 2 stickers for us.

7. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I predict 64lbs with a 38 lb. big fish.

8. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    We'll be there! Not gonna guess on a winning weight just yet, I 'll let you know that after I prefish next weekend. 1 large tee shirt, 1 small tee shirt and 2 stickers for the truck, got to represent!!

9. BIG CHAD

BIG CHAD New Member

State:
    south carolina baby
    count us in. havent been doing to good on the water, fish bitting very slow while drifting. 70lbs 42lb big fish hopefully us.:cowboy:

10. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    1- large shirt & 2 stickers here.Scared to make predictions after seeing some of the recent catches.:chicken:

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    DONT THINK I CAN MAKE THIS ONE GUYS BE GOOD TO GET TO GO
    HOME RIGHT NOW. I DID ENJOY THE 1 DAY I WAS HOME.
    GOOD LUCK, C U N FEB.

12. MMloy

MMloy New Member

State:
    NC
    Team Hook, Line and Sinker will be there - no predictions on the weight

Shirts
    2 - XL
    2 - Med
    1 - X Small in Adults or Kids Size 8-10

2 - Window Stickers

13. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    The Accuweather Forecast isnt lookikng good for Saturday. They said chance of rain and SNOW and cold. Not a good mix.

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    The Weather Channel and NOAA is saying right now:Low 30 High 44 40% cance of showers,8 mph NNW wind,Not great but could be worse.It wasnt no better today down there.

15. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    We gonna miss ya Dean,We all praying for ya to have a speedy recovery.If you need anything at all give me a call.Best Wishes to you my friend.

16. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Weather.com is calling for 20 mph winds-ouch!

17. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Is Dutchmans' ramp ok w/ the low water?It is getting thin at the Beaver Creek ramp.

18. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    We put in there Saturday Jimmy,no problems with Jeffs boat,nor Stumpgrinders,nor Holmes boats.I dont think by Saturday you will not have to worry about low water,it will probably be wide open and full of trash again from all this rain and they calling for a good bit for Friday.See ya there,RAIN,SLEET,SNOW or SUN.Lets go Fishing.

19. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I went down to the Nitrolee dam today and they had the flood gates opened. Then I went down to cedar creek dam to check it out and the water was coming over the dam and they had the gates opened. i don't think we are going to have to worry about low water. But the weather might be another story. But like Marty said we will be there regardless.