"Cataract Surgery"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bobpaul, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I've been diagnosed and told I should have surgery on my right eye.

Just looking for what, if any, any of you out there have had with cataract removal surgery.

The internet is great for information, it just doesn't give real life experiences.
    The operation seems easy enough. I'm just loking for some real life facts.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Neighbor had it done a few years ago.Said there was nothing to it .Now she thinks she might have to get it done on the other eye.If you need it done get it done soon as possible. Can get serious if not taken care of so Get-R-Done.

3. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Mom had it done on both eyes, (not at the same time) seems to have worked out OK! No big deal !!
    (Then again that is from an 82 year old woman that has gone through 5 heart atachs and 2 strokes !!)

Just listen to the Dr.'s Bob!

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    OK, heard enough, I'll make the apointment.

Geez am I easy!

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I planed ahead for both eyes as I needed one "done now"and was told that I would need he other done at a "later date". I had a "intermediate" or "new" at the time type lens put in my right eye for the first surgery.The drawback to this lens it that it will give you a "Halo effect" with lights when driving at night.The good part was that I could see the individual needles in the top of pine trees and read without glasses outside on a bright sunlight day.I was able to go back to Squirrel hunting with pellet and 22 rifles and deer hunting with rifles,ALL with open sights.The second time with my left eye I had the old standard lens put in.I see good to drive at night,but this lens is not as clear as the first when I look at things like pine needles.No I still need glasses to read indoors,but in bright sunlight,I can read without them.I guess the lenses or something cannot adjust like young original eyes we had.Hope this may be of some help.I would do the same exact thing again with the different lenses.I wish you the best.I love you brothers and sisters.Peewee ps,Don;t count Jesus out on the thinking.After all,Jesus knows everything about us.Heh,heh,heh.Yea!The devil made me do it!

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I knew an asian guy growing up that had two "cataracts"- an ElDorado for himslelf and an Escalade for his wife. ROTFL

Bobpaul... You get that done soon. I dont know much about the surgery except that it is something that cannot be put on a back burner, or else it can get to a point where things get really complicated really soon... like trying to drive on a bad head gasket.

Good luck. Keep us posted and we'll keep ya in prayers.

SAL

7. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Have had both eyes done and the only problem was I put it off for years before I had it done and after surgey when I looked at my face I thought where in the heck did all of these wrinkles come from, I couldn't see them before and thought I was lucky not to be getting any wrinkles> Boy was I wrong
    Sharon

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC

Hell no, not if I'm going to get to see me as everyone else does. Kidding of course:tounge_out:

I'll look into that lens thing PeeWee. Thanks

This looking at the monitor through one blurred eye, and the other is 20/50, is getting old. It's only been going on for the past few months, and getting steadily irritating.

Got some good news today about the operation and costs. It seems, if I play the system, I might be able to get this operation payed for. I've got no insurance, and it'll hit near 8000.00. I don't mind paying the surgeon 3300.00, but I have a hard time justifying a hospital worth that much for a 20 min operation.

No wonder the Mexicans are all trying to get here.:big_smile:

9. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sentfrom ky.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bobpaul I had the surgery done on my right eye and it went well. The only thing you will feel is the first shot they give you in the eye. You will wear a patch for about 24hrs. and put some drops in your eyes as directed by the Dr. In about three days you should be shocked at the improvement. I didn't notice any wrinkles but I had gained some weight along the way. Gool Luck with your surgery.:lol:

11. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Bob,
    Keep us posted on your adventure.
    My mother had it done several years back and she always kidded me about having to wear magnifier glasses to read,she could read the newspaper without glasses,something that I haven't been able to do for 20 years.
    She was able to do that untill she died at age 85.
    She had no problem with the sugery.She had to wear a dark pair of shades for a day that was her only beef she didn't like to wear shades.
    Good luck!

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    My grandfather had it done on both eyes and it came out fine. His glaucoma is another story though. Good luck.

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    My father-in law had surgery in both eyes... not at the same time. It was a snap for him, no problems. In fact after they healed he no longer needed glasses. He was 83 at the time and I took him to the Dr both times.

I had emergency laser surgery in 2005 due to a torn Retina. Hardy any pain from the laser but couldn't see for a few days. It happen while I was fishing.

Good luck!

14. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    You better get-r-done as they say! Got to have you being able to see well so you can keep making that danged good, lip smackin barbecue sauce and so you can see what you detect when out detecting. :tounge_out: :big_smile:

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I no have "CADIRAC" I have "RINCOLN"

16. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    My mother in law had both eyes. one at a time, about six weeks apart. She was about seventy and had good results...her eyes were almost
    perfect after the surgery. Good luck...have faith my friend.

17. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    This is anecdotal but my Mom works in a surgery center where they do cataract ops. all day long. She says its a piece of cake. On patients' followup visits they all rave about how great their vision is.

18. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I hope all goes well for you Bob.:smile2:

19. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I had both eyes done about 3 years ago, and I can see just fine now, Ma'am. :smile2: