Cataract Lake / Spillway / Falls

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Jul 12, 2009.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Can anyone on here tell me if Cataract is still up?, is the spillway "wide" open allowing massive amounts of water out to washout the pool?, Are the falls up above normal?

If you can assist me in finding out this info I would much appreciate it.

2. rdwolf03

rdwolf03 New Member

State:
    indiana
    fish cataract last nite water was at normal pool the bit was slow until early this morning

3. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey Doug welcome to the boc.

4. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Did you fish the main lake?, dam/spillway?, or falls?

5. rdwolf03

rdwolf03 New Member

State:
    indiana
    fish the idle zone area that in the middle that narrow drift fish that . drifted alot of the area ariund cunot ramp mostly river channel . caught most our fish around the island by 42 bridge only caught one that was 18 inches.tried to go up the creek to the falls way up stream but ran out of water. the guys that won fish the main lake at least that the way they come from to wiegh in. they caught a 36 inch channel on shad.they had 6 fish for 35# i belive.only to teams had 6 fish and few had none.

6. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
  7. gb306

gb306 New Member

State:
    indiana
    THEY CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE THE GOOD SPOTS ARE THERE CAUSE IM HEADED THERE IN 3 WEEKS FOR A WEEKEND FISHING TRIP JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW THE CAT BITE AND SPOTS ARE THERE...

8. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    My folks fished the spillway yesterday at Cataract, they caught 4 drum between 3 and 4 pounds each, walleye, and some bluegill.

They told me that the "surroundings" compared to last year and prior years has again changed from the water being up so much for so long that the layout of the land is different. You can see where the ground is washed away, the rocks are moved around, etc...

I will be fishing there this coming weekend most likely so I will give you more of a report then.

9. gb306

gb306 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks i would apperciate that like i said i was headed down the weekend of the 6th next month.

10. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    :smile2:Hey Jim, it was great finally meetin you & ur family:smile2:. I hope ya did better after we left. Until they improve that area, y'all wont see me back at the spillway. Lost too much equipment - hooks, weights, leaders, swivels....:angry:

We're gonna have to fish again, but where theres less snags bro. Btw, ur lil 1 is an angel.

11. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Likewise Bryan, it was nice to meet you and your wife. Sorry you had such a bad time with the snags. I didnt catch anything but that 1 bait fish the entire time we was there.

My dad ended up catching about a half dozen drums all in the 1 pound range, after you left we all moved down to where the deck was and my mom was reeling in the drum over a pound consistantly.

Hit me up, we will come up and fish with you at Morse, or anywhere we can get some lines in the water.

Speaking of the little one, she was actually the best behaved she has been in quite some time out in the wild, until we got home, and now she is being a "pistol"... Typical for the youngin's, thank goodness it is bedtime!

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like the company was good, and the drum bite was on.. Sorry to hear nothing else was biteing.. Its nice and peaceful down there so i bet it was all worth it..

13. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Shane, when we first pulled up I told Tamm that I thought it was going to be a clusterfrick! There was 2 empty spots to park, there was a lot of people real close together over by the main pool, they had several lilnes out on the bottom, they were catching small channels, one of them finally landed a big carp, but otherwise nothing.

We watched some geese mating, and a vulture land on the bank cleaning up scraps. It was pretty peaceful otherwise.

I agree with Bryan, I think until some things change that it isnt a place of interest for myself until then!

We are gonna try Raccoon this weekend, I would like to catch a Blue cat considering I have never caught or seen one in person myself.

Maybe sooner, if we meet up with Bryan at Morse.

I am ready, I need to fix one of my reels, my clicker quit working!!!

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    what kind of reel is messed up. And yeah I hate those rocks too... Ive been down there when it was busy but not packed.... well I wish ya all luck at morse

15. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    My Abu Garcia 6600 BCX, the spring for the clicker broke, when I took the end cap off I found a section of the spring stuck in the grease. I just need to order a new one... i have a couple websites that other members have sent to me to get parts.

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Ok, Thats cool. I repair my reels myself... sometimes it takes me a day or two but I always figure it out:cool2:

17. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    That is good to know, cause if I ever have a problem I will be sure to ask! :smile2:

18. gb306

gb306 New Member

State:
    indiana
    was down there over the weekend and the water was at normal level by any chance does any body know were any good spots are there been wanting to try it but dont know where to start :big_smile:

19. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    i use to fish there all the time. It doesnt seem to be as good as it use to be but the spot i had the best luck was below the dam at the back of the spill way pulled alot of channel cats out of there

20. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    as of weds the 29th water level is down a good bit spill way is flowing good water level there is about normal i live on the lake side near cunot i hope this helps i havent had any luck gettin anything out of there this week .:sad2: