catapula worms

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Sq. Dog, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Sq. Dog

Sq. Dog New Member

State:
    Ravenden Arkansas
    Where can you buy catapula worms? I cannot find any on the trees around here (Ravenden) where I live. I am also looking for some one to fish with, most any day of the week. Don't no any thing about catfishing but am willing to learn. I have an 18 ft. blazzer S/S with a 60/40 jet ready to go. Thanks , Jerry

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerry Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Someone from your area will be along to answer your questions. Catalpa worms are a good bait.

3. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    dog I wish you were here I would give them to you.. My tree is just loaded right now. I may use a dozen or so but the rest will go to seed I guess. I am in no condition to gather them myself. I had a few in the summer and thought they were through but now every time I walk through the yard I bring them in on my shoes. Was out there today and there were hundreds of them on the tree.

4. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    You know I can't go during the week, and we both know squirrel season is about to get in the way, but weekends are open! I haven't heard any good reports lately in local reviers, we should hit one of the lakes one night with some jugs, I'm about ready to make up some more.

5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    welcome to the BOC Jerry!!!

you just got to find a catapula tree, only way and place i know to get them. there are hundreds of other baits that work as good and probly better. just surf around this site and you will soon find ways and things to catch fish like you never imagined.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    There is a web site (catalpaworms.com) that sells them, but they're pretty pricey. I've been trying to get some, but a lot of the trees around me didn't have any worms this year.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
  8. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You can always freeze them. I had a freezer full of them at one point. They're just as good thawed out!

9. RIVERMAN

RIVERMAN Member

State:
    ARKANSAS
    There are several web sites that offer them,catalpha worms have been plentiful up here in nw ark,been freezing em in corn meal,they keep their color and don't stick together.Hope to get more froze up before they are gone.Steve

10. Sq. Dog

Sq. Dog New Member

State:
    Ravenden Arkansas
    Thanks men for all the info. Top I will be calling you.
    Eddie I can't this week end my son is coming in from Tx. for a few day. Keep in touch. Jerry

11. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Where abouts are you located in Arkansas? The town name is unfamilar to me. But I have worms on the trees now if your close to Benton, Little Rock area. I also have some trees sprouting up around here.

12. Sq. Dog

Sq. Dog New Member

State:
    Ravenden Arkansas
    I live a 150 mi. north of little Rock. Thanks a ton though. Jerry