CATALPA WORMS!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by CNTRYBOY, Jun 17, 2009.

1. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I have more Catalpa Worms than I know what to do with. Done put up two batches in the freezer and still picking them up! If you live around the Sheridan, Little Rock area or anywhere else close by and want some - THEN COME GET THEM! You can call me at (501) 315-0178 to get directions! Not asking for anything for them, if you offer anything than that is your choice!

For those who don't know - you put the worms in Corn Meal and freeze them until your ready to fish! The corn meal keeps them from going to waste and a lot of times they come back to life when they warm up!

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    were loaded down this way too country:wink: Regan will be on a 32 tree extravaganza real soon!!:wink::eek:oooh::smile2:

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    does Regan eat those things?
    Maybe I should take some back up to "you know where" and see if the pike will eat them

4. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I was just talking with somebody about them the other day, haven't seen any in years, not since moving to this area. I wish I was closer, I would certainly take you up on it.

I have never thought about it before, but does any body plant the trees in order to have the worms to harvest?

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    newt i got to work the next 5 days but sure would be happy if ya put up bout 500 for me.ill pick them up next week some time.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yea Eddie you can I rooted mine I cut a limb put some root starter and suck it in the ground mine is three yrs old it had a few last yr I started one this sping for my son it seems to be ok

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You guys are blessed to have an abundance of catalpa worms. I wish I lived close.

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Johnny - I will put some up for ya! I have about five containers in the freezer now! Will pick some more up tommorrow or should I say today. After I get back from a job interview!

9. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    MAN I FISHED WITH THOSE WHEN I WAS A KID .IT SEEMED LIKE THEY WERE EVERY WHERE THEN BUT NOW YOU CANT FIND THEM TO SAVE YOUR LIFE.

10. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I`ve found plenty of catalpa trees here in Harrison, but not a worm one!