Catalpa worms - I'm set now.....

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by KYTRAPPER, Jun 14, 2006.

1. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    :big_smile: I brought home four catalpa trees to put on my place today:lol: Found a big nice tree to do until then to:big_smile:

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Do you ship to california?:smile2:

3. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Catalpa trees get quite large, but easy to grow.There is a dwarf tree that you can buy. As for the worms ,don't know if you have the moths or would be able to start them after growing the trees.

4. tugrivercater

tugrivercater New Member

State:
    ky
    KYTRAPPER.... i live in martin c.o and am just getting into catfishing. Do you think you could hook me up with a few catalpa worms? ive heard that are the best bait out there, why.. i dont know. but ive never tryed them and would like to give it a shot. ive not been able to catch a cat all summer. mostly been fishing the tug river. thanks

5. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    You have to keep the tops cut out to keep them from getting too tall. I've got 7 acres out back that's idle. I'm gonna plant some this spring, how many I don't know yet. Sometimes you will have to find worms to put on yours to prime them. They will lay eggs on the underside of the leaves. When they hatch, it won't be long before you are in business, that is if the birds don't dip into your worms. Just been sharing pm's with cherokee laker. He went this weekend, and said they got three 48 qt. coolers full of mainly channels using mostly catalpas. Good fishin', Jack.

6. DittmeRhino

DittmeRhino New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The birds wont be your big problem, it is those wasps. If you find a worm with small white eggs on it....destroy it, otherwise those wasps will take out a whole catalpa crop.

7. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Anybody have any worms this year? We usually have 'em on most trees by July 4th but I havent even seen any this year 'cept on one little tree in a friend's yard. I've even rode roads looking (checking) trees in other places that are known to always have worms. None here anywhere. :sad2: