Catalpa worms form channel Catfish

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by catfish_jordan, May 30, 2006.

1. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    has any one used catalpa worms to catch catfish? I hered they work really good. what do you think?:big_smile:

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    you can catch just about anything on them suckers

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :big_smile: LIKE ROCK HOUND SAID CATS LOVEM. ALSO YOU CAN FREEZE THEM IF YOU WANT FOR A LATER DATE. ONLY THING IS THEY TURN BLACK WHEN FROZEN. DON'T HURT THEM NONE. TOLD YOU IT WAS EASY TO POST. WELCOME ABOARD LITTLE BUDDY. LIKE I TOLD YOU BEFORE YOU CAN LEARN A LOT ON HERE. IT'S REALLY HABIT FORMING. GO CATCH A BIG ONE.

4. Probably one of the very best all time baits. Do a search on this board you'll find plenty who agree. Just be warned you can and will catch just about anything on catalpa worms. My short list is Bass, Bream, Crappie, River Stripe (white bass), Drum, Eel, Carp, Flathead, Channel, Blue, Bullhead and turtles of various types. The bass, crappie, stripe get tossed back as per law theturtles get tosed for general purposes the Cats get kept and the rest is BAIT.

5. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    back in east texas i used to catch catalpa worms and sell em to the marina. if theres any catfish around they'll hit as soon as your bait hits the water.
    matt

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Ive caught alot of blues on them running jugs. There as stated above an excellent bait for all kinds of fish. When you freeze them mix with corn meal this will help keep them from sticking together. 777

7. hoosiercat

hoosiercat New Member

State:
    in
    I put about 2 dz in zip lock bag W/ a 1/2 a cup of oatmeal. help retain some of the color. and yes they work . i luv em good luck

8. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    I also have one more question. where do you get them from. Ive looked everywhere

help me please:big_smile:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    they Are On A Tree By Same Name.i Believe In Aug Or Sept Around Here. The Tree Has Big Wide Leaves. Talk To The Ol Timers In Neb. They Should Be Able To Help You Out.the Way To Tell If That Tree Has Them On Them Is The Worm Will Eat The Leaves.however They Don't Get On All Of The Trees. Don't Know If Its The Male Or Female Tree That They Get On. You Could Probably Find More On Them In Libary Or Maybe On The Internet. Good Luck On Your Search.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    i got on the internet and found out they have a catala page if any one is interested, tell correct way to use them and everything. good luck everyone.

11. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    the catalpa trees have big (huge) heart shaped leaves, and some of them have the long seed pods (?) that hang from the limbs... look like giant vanilla beans.

Find a tree with the worms, then ask the owner permission to remove them. I doubt they would say no...

Shawn

12. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey there Jordan, First off, Welcome to the Brotherhood! I'm happy to have another Brother.

Here is a link about catalpa worms from a Brother that lives on Lake Conway in Mayflower Arkansas. It is a good read and he knows his stuff.

ST

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16598

13. RRaider

RRaider Guest

I have a huge Catalpa tree in the back yard and my next door neighbor has three decent sized trees. Don't see any worms on them, wonder how one would go about getting them to populate their trees?

14. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    If you can find some on a tree somewear and put them on your tree this should get them started. I have some on my trees and thats the way I started mine.

15. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    There is a tree down the road from me that I get them from

16. channelcathunter64

channelcathunter64 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    if i could find alot of them that would be one of my main baits for channels

17. barrenriver katman

barrenriver katman New Member

State:
    ky
    i used them today had good luck on them