Catalpa worm question

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by muzkrat, Jul 12, 2007.

1. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i have not used them before but have located a spot to harvest some. just need to know best way to hook them. i heard there was a way to hook them that kinda turns them inside out? any help or advise is appreciated. thanks james

2. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Cut head off ,take a small stick and turn in sideout,put on hook like a red worm,works for me.:wink:

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cut em in half, and use one half at time.I don't worry to much about turning em wrong side out.

4. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    thanks for the info. i found a place that is loaded with them and looking forward to trying them out. thanks james

5. sedwick

sedwick New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Are these the same as what they call "Taffy worms"? Green with a horn on its rear and they eat your trees up.

6. sedwick

sedwick New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Ok, i figured it out. Its the same but its spelled Tauby worm. Another name i guess.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All ya gotta do is put the point of the hook into it's rear, and roll it on the hook inside out, then when you get to the head, just pinch it off. I caught 2 bluecats on catalpas this weekend. I had no idea that A blue would eat them, and especially in swift current, but they did.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James Welcome to the BOC. These Catalph worms really catch the cats. If you have a good supply you can pick several at a time and take some of the leaves for the worms to eat on. Get them while you can.:0a25:

9. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    anybody want to ship me some? i will be more than happy to purchase them. out here we dont have the luxury of them, but when i was a boy we used to use them all them time. i want to see how well the kitties out here like them.

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    if you will go at daylight and i meen 1st light you can pick them off the tree as they crawl down to go in the ground.