Catalpa trees

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by dudley-1, Jun 16, 2008.

1. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    I was just wondering if any guys that has catapala trees has any worms yet?Mine didnt have any at all last year...

2. capt295

capt295 New Member

State:
    Newark ,Texas
    mine hasnt had any and my tree is 4 years old and getting pretty big., guess im going to have to go to louisiana and bring them back to kick start mine.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have 7 altogether and none with worms yet. Last year I had a few worms but not on all my trees.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Were on our 2nd crop we had some on three trees about a mo. ago and now we have a fresh crop on to more trees now

5. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I don't have any on my two trees. Some years I have them and some years I don't. I have no idea why?????

6. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Travis,if either one of the two of gets any lets share a few,I live east of ya,not to far from lancaster.

7. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Will do. I will check around to see if anyone has any.

8. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    Indigo, it's normal to have worms in several consecutive years then have years when you have none. I suspect it's due to predation (birds, fishermen, etc) complete wiping out the egg laying stock. Not sure if that is the correct answer, but I do know it's common. Go get some worms from a worm bearing tree and they will hopefully take root on your tree and you'll have some next year

9. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Put out a couple of trees a few years ago. Put a few worms on them last year. Last Saturday had about 150 worms on there. They are all on one tree though. Gonna put some of them on the others.